CROSSOVER - Part 6

Stiles-1 POV

"Okay, so how are we going to do this?" Lydia asks the group.

"Well, since me, other me, Kara and Brody can breathe underwater, we can search the bottom of the lake. You guys can search around the edges and shallow parts." I tell the strawberry blonde.

"Taylor can bite me so he can grow gills and help us search the bottom." Brody offers.

"Um, sure, if you are both okay with that." I frown slightly. This vampire business is very weird.

"It's not the first time they have done it." The other me scoffs. I turn to the rest of the group.

"Spread yourselves around the lake so we can cover more ground. You can also make sure that the coast is clear." I suggest. They all agree and run off to different positions. Now it is only me, other me, Brody, Kara and Taylor standing by the jetty. "Are you sure about this?" Taylor asks his boyfriend doubtfully. Brody nods. "I'll be fine." Brody assures the vampire.

"Okay then." Taylor sighs before leaning closer to Brody and pulls his neck towards his mouth. I watch with horror and fascination as Taylor's teeth become sharper and longer. I hold back a gasp as Taylor's fangs sink into Brody's neck. All of my instincts are screaming that I should pull Taylor off him, but the other me places a hand on my chest before I can move. "It's okay, it doesn't hurt him." He assures me. Kara and I exchange worried and doubtful looks before we stare at Brody and Taylor again. I feel a little sick at the sight of Taylor drinking Brody's blood. I really hope I don't faint. The blood drinking seems to be going on forever. Brody starts to go a bit pale. I start getting worried again. I look over at the other me, who is also starting to frown. "Taylor, I think that's enough." The other me says, gently tugging at his arm. Finally, Taylor pulls away from Brody, blood dripping down his chin. Brody wipes the blood off his neck and glances at his boyfriend. "Did it work?" Brody asks.

"Hopefully." Taylor answers. I notice the blood coating his teeth. I shudder slightly. Suddenly, Taylor gasps and his eyes widen. "I can't breathe!" He exclaims. I watch as gills start to grow on either side of his neck.

"Get in the water!" Brody replies as he pushes his boyfriend to the edge of the jetty. Taylor dives into the water neatly. He never resurfaces. I hear some panicked voices from around the lake. I notice Kira and Lydia starting to run into the water. "Don't worry, he's fine! He can breathe underwater now, thanks to his gills!" Brody shouts out to the others. They stop in their tracks, looking uncertain. "He's right. Taylor's fine." I call out, reassuring my friends. Lydia and Kira nod before walking back into shallower water. "Well, they seem to trust your judgement." Other me points out. "Well, they probably would trust me over you guys, considering you are from another universe." I reply.

"Come on, let's get searching." Kara suggests before diving into the saltwater of the lake. Brody quickly follows her. I glance over at my other self for a moment. He grins at me. "This should be fun." He comments. I smile back. With that, the two of us run to the edge of the jetty and dive into the water also. Within a few moments, my legs transform into the usual magnificent red tail and gills form on my neck once again. I twist around in the water, searching for the others. I gasp when I see the other me with a dark black tail swaying about in the water. Wow, it looks so cool, yet so creepy. How does one get a tail that black? Sure, I've seen a few black tails before, but they were nothing like this. I can see Brody's tail is a dark blue, so there must be a catch. I was about to ask my other self about it when Taylor interrupted my train of thought.

"Brody, I think I drank too much blood." The vampire announces fearfully to his boyfriend.

"Why, what's wrong?" Kara swims up to us with a frown, her purple tail flicking back and forth.