75: The Aftermath

Stiles POV

I finally walk through the front door of my house. I let Kara walk past me. I watch as she walks up the stairs to the bedroom. I then close the door behind Scott and I before Scott walks into the living room. I tell Scott that I'll be right back before I run up to my room and grab a jumper for Scott before I rush back down into the living room. Scott turns around as I enter the room. I walk towards him. "You do know that you should probably go back to your house to make sure your mom is okay, right?" I remind Scott, raising an eyebrow as I toss him the red jumper.

"Yeah, but I wanted to make sure you got home okay." Scott replies as he throws on the jumper. Scott then takes my hands in his and steps closer to me. I feel myself start to smile. "How are you feeling?" Scott asks me with sincerity in his eyes.

"People have already asked me this, Scott. My answer hasn't changed. I feel elated that I somehow managed to get everything and everyone I love back." I chuckle. Scott smiles in response.

"Hey, now we have the chance to tell our parents about us!" Scott says excitedly. I nod back eagerly.

"Yeah, I'm a little nervous about telling them, but excited too." I reply.

"They won't think of us any differently, Stiles. Don't worry. If they do, well, that's their loss. It won't stop me from wanting to be with you." Scott assures me. I grin gratefully at him.

"Thanks, Scott. You really are the best boyfriend I could ever ask for." I tell the werewolf.

"You too." Scott replies before leaning in and colliding our lips together. I close my eyes happily as I melt into the kiss. Both of our lips move in a fluent motion and are in sync with each other as I move my hands to wrap around Scott's neck and Scott's hands move to my waist. I savour every bit of the slow, loving and dreamy kiss. Eventually, we pull apart. I look into Scott's eyes and grin. For a moment, sadness crosses over Scott's face, but he tries his best to hide it. However, I notice the change, despite Scott's efforts. "What's wrong, Scott?" I ask worriedly as I place one of my hands on Scott's cheeks. I stroke my thumb against the smooth skin, hoping that I'm helping Scott feel better. The True Alpha werewolf hesitates for a moment and bites his lip before answering. "Nothing. I'm okay, Stiles. Really." He tells me. I sigh and place both of my hands on my hips, glaring at Scott.

"Scott McCall, you listen to me. I've known you for almost nine years and I love you to bits, so I know when you're lying or upset. I don't need any werewolf super senses for that." I tell my boyfriend firmly. I see a smile tugging at the corner of Scott's mouth. "Besides, your tell is really obvious." I smirk.

"How so?" Scott raises an eyebrow.

"You always hesitate or stutter before you start speaking a lie. You tend to bite your lip as well." I point out.

"Okay, you got me." Scott raises his hands in defeat. I watch as his expression turns serious again. He walks over to the sofa and sits down. I quickly sit down next to him. Scott sighs sadly. I quickly grab his hand and squeezing it comfortingly. "What's wrong, Scotty? You can trust me." I ask again in a gentle tone. Scott glances away from me.

"Of course I know that I can trust you. I love you." Scott says before he turns to face me again with sad and anxious puppy eyes. "Then what's upsetting you?" I frown slightly, getting worried at Scott's nervousness to tell me.

"Look, don't get me wrong, okay? I'm over the moon about Atlantia going back to the way it was all those years ago. I'm relieved that everyone's safe and that Vanessa is gone for good." Scott begins, squeezing my hand back in assurance. I nod slowly.

"But?" I raise my eyebrows.

"But I'm... Just scared and worried that this will mean that you'll go back to living in Atlantia with your dad. I completely understand why you would go back to live there; you two have a kingdom to run. It's just that it will mean that I probably wouldn't see you again. I know it's selfish of me to say this, but I don't want to lose you. Not again. I'm terrified of losing you, but I also don't want to force or pressure you to do anything. If you want to go back and live in Atlantia with your father and your old friends, you can. I won't stop you. I can't stop you. I just don't know what I would do without you." Scott admits as his eyes become watery. He looks down at his feet and takes his hand out of mine, placing it in his lap. "So that's what this is all about? You're scared that you'll lose me if I go live in Atlantia again?" I summarize. Scott nods slowly, still not looking at me. I can't help but chuckle lightly.