27: Getting to know Kara

Stiles POV

Lydia laughs. She stops when the three of us stare blankly at her. Lydia's face falls. "Oh? You're serious?" She raises her eyebrows in disbelief. "I don't see any tail." Lydia comments skeptically.

"If you were here about an hour ago, you would have." Scott mutters with a slight scoff.

"Look, Kara needs to stay on land and try to fit in with everyone until the hunters leave her alone." I explain.

"But mermaids don't exist." Lydia shakes her head in disbelief.

"I don't know why everyone has a hard time in believing in merpeople. It's not like there aren't any other supernatural creatures out there." Deaton sighs.

"How long have you known of them?" Scott asks Deaton curiously.

"I don't know, maybe about 25 years? It doesn't matter though," Deaton answers with a shrug.

"Wow." Lydia whispers under her breath.

"I would prove it to you, but I don't want to fall on the ground." Kara says to Lydia with an apologetic smile.

"But I can do this." She adds, clutching one of her hands to her chest, becoming invisible. Lydia gasps in surprise. Kara turns visible again and starts laughing. Scott and I chuckle. We exchange a smile. A wave of relief floods through me. I think he's finally gotten over the initial shock. "Well, Kara, you have come to the right person for clothes. I can give you some of mine, which all happen to be very nice." Lydia says proudly.

"Hey, don't make her wear high heels." I smirk. Lydia puts her hands on her hips.

"I wouldn't be that evil, Stiles." Lydia pouts. I laugh. Then, I pull Scott to the side.

"I think we should talk about the pack and what everyone is." I whisper. Scott considers it for a moment.

"We shouldn't keep secrets from her." I add. I feel a twinge of guilt inside of me, knowing I myself am keeping a lot from everyone I care about. "Yeah, you're right. I'll talk to her." Scott nods. We walk over to Kara and Lydia, who are talking about different articles of clothing and what are the do's and don't's in fashion. Of course, Lydia. "Hey, Kara? There are a few things that you should know about me and my friends." Scott says, interrupting Lydia's speech.

"What things?" Kara asks.

"Well. I'm not sure how much you know about land, but there aren't just humans and animals living here." Scott begins.

"I've heard some legends." Kara nods.

"Okay, well, um, I'm a werewolf. A True Alpha, actually. Lydia here is a banshee." Scott continues.

"Okay? I think I know what a werewolf is. Not sure about a banshee." Kara frowns.

"Basically, I predict death and scream really loud." Lydia answers.

"Oh." Kara nods.

"We have some other friends too. Derek, Malia, Kira, Isaac and Liam. Derek, Isaac and Liam are werewolves like me. Malia is a werecoyote, which is pretty much a werewolf. However, Kira is a kitsune, which is a fox spirit. Stiles here is human. The only human out of all of our friends." Scott informs Kara. She turns to look at me for a moment, wondering why Scott doesn't know about me. I look down at my feet. Once I look up again, I see Kara looking up at Scott. "Okay, is there anything else I need to know?" She asks.