30: The Truth

Scott POV

"No!" I scream in horror, stopping in my tracks. Time seems to slow down around me. After a few moments, Daniel finally pulls the sword out of Stiles' back, the blood already seeping through his shirt. Daniel smirks in satisfaction. Stiles starts to make choking noises. He holds his hands to his chest. Daniel raises the sword above Stiles. I am still frozen in shock and still too far away to do anything. "I have had my fun with you. Now, it's time to die!" Daniel shouts in glee, about to swing the sword.

"No!" I scream again as I come to my senses and run as fast as I can, even though I know I will be too late. Suddenly, a gunshot rings through the clearing. Daniel suddenly crumples to the ground with a bullet hole in his head. I turn around to see Chris standing way behind the others. "Chris? What are you doing here?" Derek asks.

"I've been tracking these hunters down. They were extremely dangerous. I've taken care of all the ones that were here tonight." Chris informs us. However, I barely pay attention because I turn around again and run towards Stiles, who starts to fall onto his knees. I catch him before he hits the ground. I turn him around so he can be looking at me. My face feels cool and wet. I didn't realize until now that I had started crying. Stiles' breaths are very rattly and short. My own breathing is hitched. My tears continue to roll down my cheeks as I start to sob. The pack surrounds us, but still gives us enough room. As Stiles breathes, I notice blood forming in his mouth and running down his chin. "No," I sniffle between sobs. I realize that I have been saying that phrase way too much in the last minute or so.

"Wh-what?" Stiles stutters in confusion, causing more blood to ooze out of his mouth. The wound in his chest also spills more blood. "I-I c-can't lose y-you. Especially not like t-this." I stutter between my heart wrenching sobs. I sniffle and wipe my eyes, trying to pull myself together a little bit better. I hold onto Stiles tighter, hoping that it might help him cling to his life. "I have already lost Allison. Same kind of injury too. I can't let my best friend die as well!" I exclaim desperately.

"Stiles, do you want the bite?" I ask shakily. Everyone gasps around me. Stiles shakes his head.

"It's too late for that. I wouldn't make it until morning. I think you know that." He tells me. I bite my lip, trying not to cry again. "Well, what about that cure Deaton gave you last time? Could he just give it to you again?" I ask hopefully.

"Scott, I'd die before we even get to the animal clinic to ask Deaton about it." He replies. I shake my head.

"Well, I can't let you die! There must be something we can do!" I shout, holding Stiles close to me. I hear his heart beat slow down while the blood on his chest and face increases. "I don't have a choice..." Stiles mumbles to himself. Stiles almost looks scared. "What?" I ask in confusion. Stiles grips my arm tightly. I'm startled by how strong his hold is, especially in his condition. Stiles looks at me seriously, blood still dripping out of his mouth. "Get... Me... To the lake." Stiles says in a raspy voice. "Why?" I frown.

"Just do it. Please?" Stiles pleads with me. I sigh.

"Okay, this might hurt a little though." I give in as I stand up, with Stiles still in my arms. The pack surrounds us. I hear Stiles grunt in pain. I try to take some of it away, with the black veins appearing on my arms. I hear Stiles sigh in relief. I start to jog towards the lake with rest of the pack and Chris, all of us unsure of why we were heading there. I hope Isaac and Kara are enjoying their date. Once we get to the edge of the jetty, I stand there, unsure of what to do. I look down at Stiles. "Drop me in." He instructs. My eyes widen in shock.

"What? No! I'm not sending you to your death!" I protest.

"Scott-" Stiles tries to intervene, but I don't let him.