50: Hallucinations

Kira POV

I don't understand. One minute I'm dancing with Stiles and now I'm in the middle of a graveyard! "Hello?" I call out into the darkness. Of course, no one responds. All I hear is the rustling of the leaves blowing across the ground. For some reason, I have an urge to walk forward, so I do. However, at the same time, a feeling of dread washes over me. I walk up to a gravestone. Curiosity consuming me, I get out my phone and turn on the flashlight. I gasp and stumble backwards. "No!" I yell in denial as I fall to the ground. On the grave, it reads: In loving memory of Scott McCall. A kind friend, a loving husband, a caring father and a precious son. My heartbeat starts speeding up. Slowly, I shine my phone's flashlight on the other graves in the area. To my horror, they all read the names of my friends and family. Mom, Dad, Stiles, Lydia, Malia, Isaac, Kara, Liam, Derek and Deaton. All of them are dead. Flowers litter the graves. I start to hyperventilate. No, this can't be happening, no! Tears roll down my cheeks. I feel so lost and confused. Only a couple minutes ago I was at a party, dancing with Stiles. How could life have gone so fast? How long has it been since the party? How old am I? How could I forget so many years of my life between that party at the loft and now? When can I join the people I love again? I quickly get to my feet and walk to my mom's grave. I place my hand on the stone. "I don't know what to do, Mom. I wish you were here to help me." I admit in a small voice. After a few moments, I crumble to my knees, place my head in my hands and start crying.

Suddenly, I feel someone place a hand on my shoulder. Music booms loudly around me. I gasp and open my eyes. I realize that I'm kneeling in the corner of Derek's loft. I look up to see the person who grabbed my shoulder. It's Stiles. "Kira, you're okay. You're safe," Stiles assures me over the loud music. I quickly stand up and pull Stiles into a hug. "What was that? Why did I see that? What happened to me? What happened?" I ask desperately and shakily as I cry into his shoulder. Stiles hugs me tightly and comfortingly, assuring me that everything is going to be okay. Once I have calmed down, I break away from him. I wipe my eyes and sniffle. "What happened?" I ask again.

"I'm not sure exactly, but I have a feeling that there was something in the drinks that made us see one of our greatest fears." Stiles explains. I nod my head in understanding. It makes sense. It felt like I was living in a nightmare. Stiles grabs my hand. "Come on, we have to find the others." Stiles tells me before he starts to pull me through the crowd. We shout out our friends' names and search desperately for them.

Isaac POV

"No... This can't be happening. You're dead." I tremble in fear and cower in a corner as my father looms over me. He holds an empty beer bottle in his hand. "Believe me, I am not dead. You're a disgrace, Isaac. You're a filthy, monstrous mutt. I wish you weren't my son. You need to be put down." Dad tells me with an evil glare. I slide down the wall, all of my bravery gone.

"Please don't hurt me again," I whimper, tears forming in my eyes. He doesn't listen. He grabs me by the collar of my shirt and throws me across the room. He starts kicking me repeatedly in the stomach and smashes the beer bottle down on my head. I squeeze my eyes tight shut and cry, wishing that all the pain would disappear. Suddenly, I feel someone shaking me and shouting my name. I open my eyes and gasp. I am not in my house anymore, I am back at Derek's loft. I look around me at all the partying teenagers, loud music playing over the speakers. Suddenly, my eyes focus on Kira. She's looking at me with worry. I stop shaking. It wasn't real. I breathe a sigh of relief, but I am still confused. "What... What happened?" I frown. Once Kira explains, the two of us split up to search for the others. I find Kara amongst a crowd of teenagers. I push past them and hold onto Kara's shoulders. Her eyes are glazed over and unfocused. She looks devastated for some reason. "Kara! Kara, wake up! It's okay! You're okay! We're okay!" I shout at her. I squeeze her shoulders tightly. After a few seconds, she blinks rapidly and starts to look around in confusion. I can hear her heartbeat going through the roof, even with all the loud teenagers and music. Tears form in her eyes. "Isaac?" She asks uncertainly.