CROSSOVER - Part 9

Scott-1 POV

I help Stiles out of the animal clinic, agreeing with everyone else that we will meet back here at 8am sharp tomorrow so we can help figure out how to get the people from the other universe to get back to their home. I keep close to Stiles, ready to catch him if he stumbles or falls. As we walk away from the animal clinic, he looks at me with curiosity and confusion. "Why didn't you go with Samantha? After all, you are in love with her." He asks. I notice him bite his lip slightly for a moment, but he quickly stops once he realizes what he is doing. "Because I wanted to spend some time with you. I know that you were upset in the library this morning and what happened to us tonight really scared me. I can't even remember what happened. It was like I had this huge blackout or something. When I finally came to, you were the one holding my shoulder. I knew that you were the one that pulled me out of whatever daze I was in. I know something bad happened when I looked around the scene with Samantha knocked out while our doppelgangers were walking back towards us, the other me soaking wet. Not to mention your head injury. When you fainted, I didn't know what what was going on with you. I was really worried." I confess.

"Well, I'm fine now," Stiles gives me a grin. As he does so, I notice him wince slightly.

"You're still in pain," I note.

"It's nothing, Scott. It'll be gone in the morning." He tries to assure me.

"Do you have any painkillers at your house?" I ask Stiles curiously.

"Um, probably not." Stiles answers.

"Okay, I guess we'll just have to go to my house then." I comment, changing directions, making sure Stiles does the same. "Scott, we don't have to." He protests.

"Yes we do." I reply, not leaving room for argument. I turn to my friend for a moment, both of us coming to a stop on the sidewalk. "But I can take some of your pain away now," I add as I reach out my hand. Stiles looks at it questioningly.

"Go on." I encourage him. Stiles sighs and reaches his hand out. I gently grab it and we both watch as the black veins appear and run up my arm. "I still find that so cool," Stiles breathes. I nod in agreement. After a few moments, I let go of Stiles' hand. "Thanks," Stiles mumbles.

"No problem." I reply casually. We continue walking back to my place.

"I'm sorry about what you saw in the library. You were right. I should have checked if someone was there," I tell Stiles as we walk.

"You know, that is probably the least of my problems right now." Stiles chuckles.

"Yeah, it does seem a lot more normal and less crazy than all this stuff about another universe." I agree.

"But I still feel guilty about it. You looked upset. I should have gone after you and made sure that you were okay." I comment.

"I think we both know that I would not have listened to what you would have to say, thanks to the mood I was in." Stiles laughs.

"Why were you upset?" I frown. Stiles' expression becomes quite serious. He looks away from me.

"I don't know, I just feel like we haven't been spending that much time together. I think I have already told you that. Besides, ever since last night, you have been acting distant from me. Last night feels like years ago now because of all the stuff that has happened today, but it has been playing on mind quite a bit." Stiles admits. I sigh. I should have known that Stiles would never let go of what I saw at the party. He worries about me a lot. Then again, I probably wouldn't let go of the party if Stiles looked as traumatized as I felt after his hallucination. Actually, he might have been terrified. I don't know what he saw either. I have a feeling it didn't shake him as much as my hallucination shook me though. Also, Stiles is right. I have been distant from him. I suddenly realize that I have been silent for a minute. Stiles looks at me expectantly, waiting for an answer. "Look, about the party... I saw something, as we all did. However, my vision was quite awful. If I told you, I'm sure we would both be embarrassed and very confused. I really am just trying to forget about it." I finally reply.