55: Sleep Deprivation

Stiles POV

Things have been very tense for the past couple of days. Everyone is on high alert for hybrids. I'm also trying to look out for the mysterious alpha named Michael. Chris has left town to try and hunt him down. Derek doesn't want me to be alone until the alpha is caught, but I always manage to leave the conversation when he starts talking about that. I don't need the sour wolf watching over me. That's just creepy. I'm glad that he hasn't told the others about Michael though. Then I'd have pretty much the whole pack overprotecting me. I don't want that. I understand what Chris told me the other day, but I hope he knows I'm not totally helpless. I mean, I broke the wendigo hybrid's neck just by using telekinesis. I didn't even need to touch him. It still pains me to think about that night, but thanks to my friends, the guilt has slowly faded away.

Yesterday, Liam, Isaac and I managed to find a werewolf and werefox hybrid. It was a very interesting mix, let me tell you that. We spotted the creature about to maul a couple walking through the woods. It had claws double the size of a normal werewolf, his eyes were orange, his ears were taller and more pointier than a normal werewolf and he even had a fluffy fox tail poking out of his trousers. I pulled the couple out of danger while Liam and Isaac tackled the half werewolf, half werefox to the ground. "Go, get out of here. Don't tell anyone what you saw. They won't believe you. It might put you in more danger." I told the terrified couple urgently. They nodded quickly and ran back through the woods. I rushed over to Isaac and Liam, who were pinning the hybrid to the ground. "What hybrid are you?" I heard Isaac growl.

"Half fox, half wolf." The creature growled back angrily as he tried to wriggle away.

"I thought wolves and foxes didn't get along?" I asked mischievously. The hybrid tried to snap at me. I walked around to his side. "Why are you here?" I asked in a more serious tone.

"To keep an eye on you. I was supposed to fight you, but let you live, no matter how much I want to rip your heart out." The hybrid answered. I held back a nervous gulp at the death threat thrown at me. "Stiles, what does that mean?" Liam frowned. "I don't know..." I told the youngest beta. The hybrid just chuckled at me.

"So what are you going to do to me then? Kill me?" The hybrid raised his eyebrows.

"You don't have to kill people." I tried reasoning with him, but it was no use. The hybrid did not want to listen to me. In the end, we ended up handing the werewolf/werefox over to Derek. I was worried about doing so, but Derek promised me he wouldn't kill the creature unless it was absolutely necessary. Derek said he knew a place that he could take the creature, so I let him take the hybrid away. I hope I made the right decision by trusting Derek. I don't want to kill these hybrids. Besides, it would be great if one of them spilt more information about Michael, as unlikely as it may be.

Early this morning, I'd say about at 1am, I wake up screaming and crying. It takes me a few minutes to realize that it was only a nightmare; it wasn't real. I had dreamed that the Nogitsune came back and possessed me again, making me kill everyone I love and care about, including my friends from the ocean. I continue to shake uncontrollably, afraid of going back to sleep. I don't want the Nogitsune to return. I swear I can still hear the screams of my friends and family as well as the evil laughter of the fox spirit. Tears continue to spill down my face and onto my bed covers. My heart continues to go through the roof and I can't control my breathing. I'm surprised that I haven't woken Kara up. Instinctively, I reach over and grab my phone. There is only one person that can calm me down right now. I turn it on and quickly go to my contacts list. I find Scott's name and press the call button. I wait until Scott finally picks up on the seventh ring.

"Scott! I h-" I begin urgently in a panicked voice, but I am quickly cut off by my friend.

"Uh, look Stiles, I'm kind of busy right now, I'm sure whatever you want to say can wait until the morning. Goodnight!" Scott interrupts me. I hear a girl's giggling in the background which sounds an awful lot like Samantha. "No! Sc-" I try again, but I am cut off by a beeping sound. I look down at my phone in disbelief. Scott just hung up on me. He didn't even give me time to explain. He just wanted to go back to having sex with Samantha by the sounds of things. Feeling more sad and alone than ever, I curl up into a ball on my bed and cry loudly, terrified of falling asleep. This results in me not getting any more sleep tonight.