47: Shock and Disbelief

Scott POV

Samantha is sitting in my lap on a sofa in my living room and she wraps her arms around my neck. "I know I've been saying this a lot, but I am so glad that you're okay." Samantha smiles at me. I smile back. I've decided not to tell Samantha that I know what really happened with the antidote. I know that she had good intentions, even if they were misguided. "Me too." I agree before I kiss Samantha gently on the lips.

"I'm so glad that you're part of the pack now. I hope you're getting along with everyone." I comment.

"I am." Samantha nods. She rests her head on my chest and huddles up to me. I hug her tightly and protectively.

"So, how are you enjoying Beacon Hills?" I ask curiously.

"It's a lovely town, but I admit, I think the main reason I like it is because you're in it." Samantha smiles.

"Yeah, well, I guess I'm a pretty good attraction." I smirk after I kiss Samantha. As I pull away, I look at her curiously.

"What was your life like before you came to Beacon Hills?" I ask.

"Well, it was quite dull, really. My parents died when I was young, so I was placed into a foster home. My foster parents were nice enough and they gave me everything I needed, but... They weren't around much, especially as I got older. They were working what seemed like all the time. Even when they were at home, they would go into their offices to do even more work. I felt really lonely. I didn't have many friends because I was always shy in school. That's why I wanted to move from Los Angeles. I wanted a fresh start and I definitely got one." Samantha replies.

"Wow, I'm really sorry. It must've been hard, losing your real parents and then having distant foster parents. I have no idea what that's like." I apologize sadly.

"It's okay, Scott. It just took me a while to learn what real love is." Samantha laughs. She then looks at me with her beautiful sea green eyes. "Thanks for teaching me. I love you, Scott. I know it's still an early stage in our relationship, but it feels like I've known you for years." Samantha admits with a smile. I grin back.

"I think I love you too, Sam." I reply. Samantha leans forwards and kisses me. I kiss back, enjoying the taste of the ocean on her lips. My tongue asks for entrance, and Samantha willingly accepts it. My tongue explores Samantha's mouth. I grip her back more firmly as Samantha plays with my hair. After another minute of making out, we finally pull apart, feeling breathless. "So, you obviously didn't live underwater for a while?" I ask her.

"No, I've been on land basically my whole life. I don't remember my home underwater at all. I only began to swim when I was 18 because I was able to drink a new potion. Before my parents died, they obviously told me what I really was and when to take the potion. My foster parents also knew the real me. I'm glad that they weren't shocked and decided not to tell the whole world that merfolk exist." Samantha replies.

"Have you thought about going back to live underwater?"

"I've thought about it, but I've decided that I don't think I would want to live there forever. I wouldn't know anything about the underwater kingdoms or their customs. I only know how to live life on land. Sure, I'll visit the ocean, possibly for a while, but I wouldn't permanently live there. Besides, you're on land, so that's another big reason for me to stay." She grins. I smile back. "Well, I feel honoured." I say. Samantha giggles.

"But I'm sure Kara or Stiles would be able to help you to adapt to life underwater. I know that Stiles hasn't lived there for a long time either, but he will know a thing or two." I suggest. I see Samantha's face fall slightly.