22: Moving out of Scott's house

Stiles POV

Once we finally make it back to Scott's house, I jump onto the sofa and sigh in relief. I'm so glad that Theo has been taken care of. He didn't hurt my friends or reveal my secret. I think that means mission accomplished. I watch as Scott walks over and sits beside me. "I can't believe Theo fooled me like that." Scott shakes his head sadly.

"Well, he was pretty deceiving." I shrug.

"I still should've known better." Scott argues.

"My mistake could have gotten all of us killed." Scott continues.

"Dude, stop being so harsh on yourself. It isn't worth it. You stopped Theo before he could get away with anything serious. That's what counts." I interrupt before Scott can say anything else.

"But-" Scott begins before I cut in.

"Nope, don't even think about. You did the right thing. No one else in your position would have known better or could have done better." I tell my best friend with an air of finality.

"Stop sounding like me and saying everything is your fault." I add with a laugh.

"But you haven't done anything wrong." Scott points out.

"Exactly." I reply. We sit in a peaceful quiet for a few minutes. I start to get up.

"Well, I should get started on that math homework." I say. Scott nods.

"Yeah, that's cool. I have history to do anyway." Scott replies.

"I'll be in the spare room." I say as I start to walk away.

"Oh, and Scott?" I ask as I'm about to walk around the corner. I turn back around to face Scott, who is still sitting on the sofa. "I think tomorrow night I will be fine to go back home." I say with a grin.

"That's great. I'm glad you're feeling better about everything." Scott replies.

"Me too." I turn around again and walk out of the room and up the stairs. I walk up to my temporary room. I move to my desk. I notice the bestiary still sitting on the desk. I pick it up and toss it onto the bed. I open up my bag and pull my math stuff out. I set it all out on the desk. I sit down and start working on the questions that the teacher had set out for us. As I continue to solve the equations, my thoughts start to drift away. I start thinking about Scott. Why can't I seem to get him out of my mind? It's so annoying! Scott and I will never happen! He doesn't like guys! Besides, we are from two different worlds, so how would that even work, especially when Atlantia is restored? I shouldn't be thinking about Scott. It's not like that I like him that much, if at all. I'm just being silly. I should be thinking about my father and our kingdom. I feel like I should be taking some responsibility for it. Deaton and I need to work out how to contact another underwater kingdom close by as well as finishing my power lessons. I sigh, shaking my head. This homework is becoming very hard to do. But Scott is so kind, caring, friendly and handsome... Who wouldn't want to be with him? Oh my god Stiles, you're doing it again! I groan and rest my head on the desk, completely giving up on my homework.

Whatever I might think about Scott, the only thing that is certain is that I don't want him getting hurt. The same applies for everyone in the pack. Even Derek. I especially don't want them getting hurt because of me. Those hunters wouldn't be against killing the pack, I know that. In fact, they'd probably love to torture them before they killed them as well. I sigh, but mentally promise myself that Daniel and his friends will be taken care of soon. Ugh, I've got so much on my mind. My parents. Atlantia. My friends, old and new. Scott McCall. My powers. I lift my head up off the desk, trying to refocus on my homework. As I continue to solve the last math question, I realize I still haven't got a phone. It's still in the woods somewhere. I'll need to get a new one tomorrow after school. I don't think I'll be finding my old one again. Even if I did manage to find my phone, I doubt that it would work. I smile in satisfaction as I drop the pen down. Even with my mind going off into other directions, I managed to get the homework done. I put everything away. I walk out of the room and into the living room, checking the time. Wow, it's 9:45pm. I didn't notice it get so late. I notice Scott has left the room too. I decide that I should get ready for bed. I don't want to be tired for school because I know that never works well. Scott knows that firsthand. I chuckle to myself at the memory as I walk up the stairs again. I decide to have a bath, so I go to the spare room and grab some pajamas before heading into the bathroom. I put them on an empty towel rack. I put the plug in the bath and turn on the taps. Once it's full, I turn off the taps and take of my clothes before stepping into the bath, sighing happily as I transform into a merman again.