25: Kira Knows

Stiles POV

The day thankfully passes by quickly. Scott and the others have to nudge me in the arm or kick my leg to keep me awake at times but other than that, everything is fine. I sigh happily as I finally make it back into my house. I toss my bag into the living room. I collapse onto the sofa, happy to finally be able to lie down. I allow all the stress that has been building up inside me since I got my tail back for the first time in years to float away. I close my eyes and almost immediately fall asleep. Sometime later, I wake up to hear someone knocking on the door. I frown and sit up in confusion. Who could that be? I rub my eyes as I stand up and walk towards the door. I open the door to find Kira standing there with a smile on her face. My eyebrows knit together slightly in confusion. "Kira? What are you doing here?" I ask curiously.

"I just came by to check on you." Kira shrugs.

"Come in," I say, stepping to the side. Kira nods and walks into the house. We sit down on one of the sofas together. I turn to face Kira. "So, what's up?" I ask.

"I could ask you the same thing." Kira replies.

"Don't worry about me, it was just a nightmare." I assure the kitsune.

"Well, I'm glad that you're okay." Kira smiles in relief.

"Yeah. I feel bad for making everyone worry about me." I admit honestly.

"Why?" Kira tilts her head in confusion.

"I don't want people to be worrying about me all the time. Sure, the last few weeks for me have been tough, but I have pulled through. I don't want everyone to put their lives on hold for me, you know?" I answer. It's surprisingly easy to talk to Kira. She's just so comforting and supportive. Other than Scott, she's the person I can trust the most.

"Oh, okay. I understand." Kira nods.

"How are you?" I ask Kira.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just been trying to hone in on my katana skills." Kira answers. I laugh.

"Girl, you don't need to practice. You're already perfect with a sword!" I say. Kira blushes slightly.

"Thanks, Stiles. I appreciate it." She replies.

"So. How have you been since you and Scott broke up?" I ask hesitantly. I am curious as to why they didn't work out. They were such a great couple, I was so happy for them. Kira's smile fades a little, but not completely. "Honestly? I think I'm glad we broke up. I knew it was the right choice." Kira replies confidently.

"So, you two are still friends, right?" I ask.

"Oh yeah, definitely. We're quite close friends." Kira smiles.

"What made you decide to break up with him?" I ask curiously.

"Somehow I just knew that we weren't meant to be." Kira shrugs.

"Are you still happy about your decision? No regrets?"

"Nope, no regrets. I think it's for the best, so I am happy." Kira replies.

"As long as both of you are happy with the decision, then I'm happy too. I just really hope you both find the people that you're looking for." I conclude. Kira smiles brightly at me.