17: Pep Talks

Stiles POV

I have naps throughout the whole day. Whenever I wake up, I always find someone sitting in the chair beside me. The two of us will always have small talk for a while and laugh and joke around. By the end of the day, everyone in the pack has visited me once. Even Chris Argent has come to see me. Once it is dark outside and the last person has left, I go back to sleep again. Ever since the snapdragon entered my system, I have been extremely tired. Deaton says that it should wear off by tomorrow, at the latest. For some reason, I dream of being with both of my parents. The three of us swim happily through the water. Ben peaks out from some of the coral, a bright smile on his face. However, it is the nine year old version of Ben, since I have no idea what he looks like now. In the dream, I am my 17 year old self and my dad is as old as he is today. As for my mother, she looks young and has no wrinkles or grey hairs, so I guess it's the version of her from eight years ago. She turns towards me and holds my shoulders. "You have to be brave now, my baby boy. Be strong..." She says as everything around me fades away, including her. I wake up with a gasp and sit upright. I look around the room for a moment, feeling dazed. Why would I dream about something like that? I guess I miss them more than I thought, which is saying something. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and run a hand quickly through my hair for a moment.

Suddenly, Scott walks into the room with a smile on his face. I grin back at him. "Hi again." I say as cheerfully as I can

"Hey yourself." Scott chuckles as he tosses a t-shirt over to me.

"Thanks. I'll probably should have had a bath first so I don't get it dirty." I laugh.

"Do you think you can walk?" Scott asks curiously. As I shrug on the shirt, I swing my feet over the side of the metal bench. I gently lower myself to the ground. I take my first step, but immediately, I feel dizzy and faint. I stumble and almost fall over, but Scott catches me. "Thanks," I say breathlessly. Scott lifts me back onto the metal bench. I suddenly feel frustrated. I hate feeling weak and useless like this. "Are you okay?" Scott asks worriedly.

"Yeah, I guess I just feel a little dizzy," I sigh.

"I suppose you'll just need to stay overnight here again. I'm sure you'll be fine tomorrow." Scott assures me as he sits down in a chair by a bench.

"I hope so." I comment.

"Seriously though, what's wrong?" Scott asks curiously.

"I don't know, I guess the events with Daniel have just really shaken me up." I admit, looking down at my feet which are dangling over the metal bench. It's true. If Daniel could almost kill me that easily, how on earth could I get my dad back or defeat Daniel and his thugs, let alone Vanessa and her army? Scott stares at me for a few moments.

"I think that's a reasonable reaction to have. You were on the brink of death for crying out loud! I think you are allowed to feel scared." Scott tells me. I nod slightly, feeling a little better, but not fully.

"I don't know how I'm going to get my dad back. Daniel doesn't have him." I admit as I lie back down on the table, staring up at the pale white ceiling. "Did he tell you who has him?" Scott asks, trying to be helpful. I stay silent for a moment, feeling a strong urge to tell Scott everything. It would make things so much easier. But for whatever reason, I just can't find the strength to do it. I'm too worried about what he'll think of me, and it's not just about because of what I am. It is also fact that I have lied to him since the day we met. After a few more seconds of silence, I shake my head. "No." I respond without emotion, my heart beat staying steady. The silence that follows is almost sickening. You could cut the tension with a knife.