Chapter 1

I'm the kind of person who believes that if you want something that much, you should just go for it, follow your dreams. That is exactly what I'm doing. Well, kind of, I'm following the man of my dreams, but ya know, it's close enough.

You would probably know him as Niall Horan. I mean, there's not really a chance in hell that he'd actually speak to me, because I'm just one girl and there's millions that wish they could be the one he sees in the crowd and falls in love with, but there's no possible way he could see anyone in the crowd. Those kinds of stories are ridiculous, but at least I get to see him, even if he doesn't see me.

I slowly get up from my warm and comfortable bed and make my way to the bathroom. I take a quick 10-minute shower. I put my jeans on, my One Direction top and One Direction jumper on over that. Can you tell I'm a fan? My makeup takes the longest, I have to look nice for my man, don't I? Even if he'll never notice, I don't want to look gross on the off chance he does.

"Hurry up! You'll be late!" Mum calls from downstairs. Of course she does this as I'm applying my mascara and I jump, luckily it's only a small spot.

"I'll be down soon!" I call back, I carefully remove the spot and finish applying my mascara then fix up my hair, I grab the ticket and run down the stairs, following Mum out the door. I'm going to a One Direction concert today, the tickets were a birthday present from my parents, I begged and begged them. They told me no but imagine my surprise when they only gave me an envelope for my birthday, I was even more excited to find out that they were soundcheck tickets. I'm excited, to say the least, I've never actually been to a concert before so this will be interesting, I don't really know what to expect. I've seen videos from concerts but I doubt it's anywhere near the same.

***

"We're here," Mum says, stopping the car.

"Thanks, so I'll text you when it's finished," I tell her, getting out of the car.

"Yep, have fun," she calls as I close the door.

I follow the crowd over to the doors and wait in line, it takes about half an hour. I show a man my ticket, I'm told the direction of my seat and head that way, it's at the front there are a few others here too, they're all spread out so it doesn't look like that many yet. I sit down at my seat and pull my phone out. I'm about to message mum to tell her I got in okay but I'm distracted by people suddenly screaming. I look up to see the boys on the stage. Oh my.

I take a deep breath and shove my phone back in my pocket. I stand up and walk over as quickly as possible and trying not to trip on my shaky legs. Niall is standing off to the side, he laughs at something one of the boys says as they interact with the girls. This is my chance, I cup my hands around my mouth.

"Niall!"

I mean, it's not going to work, but it's worth a shot, I'd hate myself if I didn't try. It's not like he's- oh my god, he's looking at me, and now he's walking. Oh no. How do I breath? In then out or out then in? Is it normal for my heart to be beating this fast?

"Hey." He smiles walking over and sitting on the edge of the stage.

"Hello." I wave. That's all I can really bring myself to say.

"What's your name?" He asks with such a cute smile, oh I want to hug him.

"Izzy," I return the smile. He jumps off the stage and walks over to the barrier and shakes my hand. Holy shit! Did he actually do that? Did he seriously just touch me? Am I dreaming? Oh wow! I ca- No, Izzy, breath, you don't want to freak him out. "Can you follow me on twitter?" Why? Out of all things, why did I have to say that? I bet he hates when people ask him to do that.

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" He asks grabbing his phone from his back pocket. If he's annoyed he doesn't show it.

"BellaHoran135," I kinda laugh at the awkwardness of my twitter handle.

He shakes his head chuckling but types it in on his phone. "This you?" He asks, showing me the screen of his phone, it's on my profile.

"Sure is," I nod. I seriously need to delete some stuff if he's going to be able to see it.

"Followed." He tells me, slipping his phone into his back pocket, but it misses and lands on the ground. "Shit." He curses under his breath, picking it up and successfully placing it in his pocket.

"Okay lads, let's go, we have to get ready," Liam calls out, then walks off stage.

"Well see ya," Niall says, turning around.

"Wait," I call out, he spins around on his heels, it would have looked better if he didn't almost fall over. Cute.

"I was meant to do that." He chuckles, regaining his balance. "Yes?"

"Could I have a hug?" I ask quietly.

"You sure can." He nods opening his arms and pulling me into him. Oh he smells good.