Chapter 2

When the concert had finished, I wait a while, for everyone to be nearly out of the arena before I even stood up, I am in no rush to get trampled on by girls who think they'll meet them if they run out to see them run to their car or if they'll do an impromptu meet and greet which would no doubt cause injuries. Before I get up to leave, I walk over to the barriers and just look at the stage. I would never be able to sing in front of that many people, I don't get how others can do it. If I had to get up on this stage and sing in front of all the people that were here tonight I would probably throw up or faint, probably both to be honest. It would be quite the show.

"Hey." Niall says breaking me out of my thoughts. When did he get there? Wait, Niall? Here? Talking to me again. Oh what a day to be alive.

"Hey." I say smiling at him.

"Whatcha thinking about?" He asks, walking over to the edge of the stage.

"I just don't get how you boys can sing in front of that many people." I sigh.

"I'll show you." He shrugs, managing to lift me over the barrier.  Niall Horan just picked me up. How is this happening? How am I still breathing?

"Thank you." I mumble as he places me on the ground. My legs feel like jello and he steadies me as I wait for my legs to remember how to be legs.

"You good?" he asks, trying to hide a smirk. He knows what he's doing to me. That jerk. He jumps up on stage then helps me up after him.

"Just imagine, as soon as you walk out on stage, thousands of people screaming your name. They would do almost anything just to meet you and they pay to come to see you," he says as we look at the now empty seats, "and it's fun."

"But don't you get scared?" I wonder aloud.

"All the time," He admits.

"So what do you do for the rest of the day?" I ask.

"Absolutely nothing," he shrugs.

"Nice," I say, not really knowing what else to say. I haven't had much experience in talking to a superstar

"Yeah, do you want to come backstage?" He offers.

"Would I be allowed?" I ask nervously.

"If you're with me, yeah." He shrugs.

"Okay then," I grab hold of his outstretched hand. I take deep breaths as he takes me off the stage, not really knowing what to expect. All I know is that there's no way I'm saying no to this man.

"It was Izzy, right?" he asks as we walk down the hallway.

"Yeah, and you're Niall?" I manage to make a joke. And he laughs. I made him laugh. Oh what at time.

We walk backstage and into a small room, where the rest of the boys are. "Lads, this is Izzy." Niall introduces me. Holy cow! They're all here.

"Hey, love." Liam greets reaching out his hand for me to shake.

"Hello." I smile, shaking his hand.

We all chat for a bit, mainly about what they like about tour and all the places they have been.

"You want to hang out with us tonight?" Zayn asks.

"Oh, I'm all good, I have to call my mum soon to get her to pick me up," I sigh. I wish I could stay longer and hang out with them. My Mum's not strict but just not keen on me being with people she doesn't know, even if they are celebrities.

"Call your Mum and ask if you can hang out with us." Niall offers.

"I'll just go call her," I mumble and almost as if she could read my mind, she calls me. "Hello."

"Has it finished?" She asks.

"Yeah, but could I stay for longer, I am backstage at the moment and they asked if I wanted to hang out for longer."

"I would let you, but it's your cousins birthday and you said you'll be there, and I also doubt you're backstage because I didn't get you backstage tickets," Mum sighs

"Crap, I forgot about that," I groan. I decide not to try and convince her that I am in fact here, she'll never believe it.

"I'm on my way to pick you up now." She tells and hangs up.

"I can't, I have to go to my cousins birthday," I tell them.

"That sucks, but give me your number, I'll text you," Niall says handing me his phone. Keep calm Izzy, keep calm. "And I'll walk you out." I have to check three times that I put my number in right, my hands are shaking so much.

"Thanks," I smile as I hand his phone back to him.

"Probably best to go out the back," He chuckles leading me out a different way.

We get to the door and he opens it for me. "Thank you," I say as I step outside.

"Hope I'll see you again soon." He says hugging me and kissing my cheek. Keep calm Izzy, deep breaths.

"Yeah, hopefully." I nod as we pull out of the hug.

***

We are in the car on the way back from my cousins birthday, it was pretty boring because they were all like 10, but she was happy, so that was good.

"And we're home," Mum announces, pulling into the drive. I keep checking my phone to see if he's messaged, but he hasn't. Not like I expected that he would really, he's got a busy schedule. We get out of the car and walk inside.

I went straight to my room and log onto twitter. I have more notifications and mentions now that Niall has followed me, especially people congratulating me. I was scrolling through my timeline when I saw Niall had tweeted something.

@NiallOfficial: Had an amazing time tonight, met amazing people!

I favourited and retweeted it. I close my laptop, have a shower then go to bed.

I wake up to the sound of my phone going off. I groan but roll over and pick it up.

"Hello?" I answer it's an unknown number.

"Hey, it's Niall, did I wake you?" He asks.

"Yeah, but it's alright," I chuckle sitting up. I expected a text, not a phone call. Well I didn't really expect anything, but this is just fine.

"Cool, I'm just really bored, the others are asleep." He sighs.

"Play pranks on them," I suggest.

"Yes, that's a great idea." He exclaims excitedly. "What's a good prank?"

"I'm not sure, wait, do you all use the same shower?" I ask.

"Um, no." He says, probably slightly confused.

"Okay, well go out and buy some really girls smelly shampoo or something and fill their's up with that," I suggest.

"I'm not gonna buy it," He simply says.

"Well I'm at home, so I can't."

"What if I pick you up?" He asks.