Chapter 22

Izzy's POV

-2 Weeks later-

"Whatcha doing after school?" Hannah asks me as I take a bite of my lunch.

"Um, Niall said he wants to take me out." I shrug.

"You just sound so casual about it." She chuckles.

"Well, I try to think of it as he's just Niall Horan, not the Niall Horan. If that made any sense." I explain, hopefully it makes sense, it's hard explaining things to her.

"Strangely enough, it actually does make sense." She shrugs.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly. I had good classes and the teachers were nice, so that was good. No one came up to me asking about Niall, or if we are dating, or asked me to give him something.

I said bye to Han and made my way to Niall's car.

"Hey." I greet as I get in.

"Hey, so, I'll take you to your place to get changed, then I'll take you out for dinner." He tells me as he starts the car.

"Sounds good." I nod with a smile, Niall seems to always put me in a happy mood.

"Great." He says and we drive off to my place.

We walk into the house and were greeted by my Dad, I tell him I'm getting changed and Niall and him started talking, which is a good sign.

I decided on casual, because Niall didn't seem too dressed up. I put on a light purple flowy dress, with black flats. I knew that if I wore heels, my feet would be hurting if we did any walking, so I don't take that chance.

I finish getting ready and made my way downstairs.

"You look beautiful sweetie." Mum smiles as she sees me.

"Thanks Mum." I smile.

I walk into the lounge and see Niall and Dad shaking hands, that's another good sign. Dad nodded at Niall, then Niall turns around and smiles at me.

"You look beautiful, as always." he compliments, kissing my cheek. I blush and look to the ground.

"Let's get going." Niall chuckles, grabbing my hand and we make our way to his car. He opens the door for me and closes it as I get in.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he starts driving.

"It's a surprise." He smiles.

"You know I don't like surprises." I sigh.

"It'll be worth it." He assures me.

"It better be." I joke.

"It will." He chuckles.

The drive was filled will us talking nonsense, and horrible singing, well just my horrible singing, Niall sounds angelic, as always.

He pulls up outside a rather large building. He got out, I was just staring at it, it looked extremely expensive. I was pulled from my thoughts as my door opens.

"Oh, thanks." I nervously smile. He offers me his hand and helps me out of the car.

He entwines our fingers as we made our way to the door, I could see a few paparazzi coming towards us. Great. I squeeze Niall's hand and he looks at me then at the paparazzi and flashing cameras. No doubt this will be everywhere tomorrow morning.

"You'll be fine." He assured me, pulling me closer to him, wrapping an arm around my waist.

They all started yelling at him.

"Niall!"

"Niall, look here!"

"Niall! Who's she?"

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"Niall! Smile!"

He pushed through the crowd, his arm tightly around my waist, we make our way into the restaurant.

"Sorry about that." He sighs running his fingers through his hair.

"It's fine." I smile. "It was just a little scary."

We make our way further into the restaurant and the waiter shows us to our table. Niall pulled the seat out for me and I thank him as I sit down.

***

Niall and I were walking through the park, just talking about random things. He actually seems nervous which I found a little weird, he's never really nervous.

Suddenly he stopped and sighs.

"What's wrong?" I ask, facing him.

"Nothing, it's just..." He pauses. "I've really enjoyed spending time with you, and getting to know you, and I've been wanting to ask you this for ages, but, will you be my girlfriend?"

What?

Did he really just ask that? Niall Horan asked me to be his girlfriend? Is this a dream? Is this a joke? I'm scared this is a dream?

"Yes." I smile.

He didn't say anything, he just wrapped his arms around me. I nuzzle my head into his neck. We pull out of the hug and he kisses me.