Chapter 54

"I am home!" Han calls out from the lounge. I don't reply, I just sit on my bed.

"Hellooooo?" She calls through the apartment.

"Anybody home?" I sigh and just still sit on my bed, saying nothing.

"Izzy? Seriously, are you in here?" She yells again and I decide to answer.

"In my room!"

"Why didn't you answer?" She asks opening the door.

"I was asleep." I lie.

"Bullshit, I know when you're lying." She walks over and sits next to me on the bed. "So tell me."

"I don't know." I shrug, lying, once again. I've only been a mother, no longer than two weeks and it's extremely hard, especially when Niall is halfway across the world, and Han is always at work or school.

"Spill." She sighs.

"It's hard." I sigh.

"Being a mother?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, at times I feel like a single mother." I say honestly.

"I can quit my job." She suggests.

"No." I shake my head. "You need the job."

"Not really actually, I got it so I have something to do in weekends, El usually just gives me money." She shrugs.

"Don't, I'll feel bad." I sigh.

"I honestly hate the job though, I was gonna quit soon anyway, and when they are older and it's easier for you, I can always find another one, it's actually pretty easy when your cousin is practically famous." She explains.

"Oh."

"Yeah, I'll call them later." She shrugs.

"Thanks." I lean my head on her shoulder.

"Where would you be without me?" She jokes.

"Sometimes, I actually don't know." I say honestly.

"Let's watch some movies." She suggests, changing rye subject, she isn't really one for heart to hearts, most of the time she actually is though, but of late, she's been trying to avoid those conversations.

"Yep, what are we going to watch?" I ask.

"You can choose, I'll go make some popcorn." She said standing up and walking out.

I walk out to the lounge and look at the movies we have, I decide to go with Flicka.

"We're out of popcorn." Han states. I groan and stand up and walk to the kitchen.

"Put the movie on." She ushers me out. "I'll go get some."

"But you'll miss the start of the movie." I whine.

"I've seen every movie we have, believe it or not." She shrugs.

"I'll be back in a bit." She says, and walks out.

She's been acting odd. I press the play button and the movie starts. I lay on the couch and watch. I sigh when I hear crying. I stand up and walk into their room and Sammy is crying. I cheek the time on my phone and realise he is due for a feed. I pick him up and walk into the kitchen.

I get a bottle from the cupboard and put some milk in it, then warm it up. While I wait for it to heat up, I open the cupboard, to get a glass out for a drink for myself, when I see a microwave popcorn bag. So we did have some. Maybe she just didn't see it.

I put it back and continue to make myself a drink. I made my drink, then got Sammy's and sat down on the couch. Feeding Sammy and watching the movie.

About half an hour later, the door bursts open, almost waking Sammy up, and Han walks in, panting.

"Nice run?" I look towards her, her fact is red from running, but also pale. But she does have shopping bags.

"Yeah." She shrugs and walks into the kitchen.

A few seconds later, I her the microwave start she leans against the door frame and watches the TV.

"Do you want me to feed Charlie? Or have you already done that?" She questions.

"Can you please?" I smile, she nods and walks into their room.

***

"Shhh, she might be home." I whisper to Han, trying to hold back a laugh.

She nods, trying to hold in a laugh. We are currently sneaking around Eleanor's house, doing pranks. Charlie and Sammy are with Mum and Dad for now, we called and asked them to because we wanted to just chill and not worry about babies, I'm a bit scared, but I know Mum and Dad will look after them.

"Why are we in the bathroom?" I whisper.

"Because." She pauses, pulling something out of her pocket in her jumper. "We are putting these in here." She holds her hand out and there's stuff wrapped in paper.

She grabs some tape and sticks them to the bottom of the toilet seat, then carefully sits the seat back down.

"What are they?" I ask.

"When she sits down the will like, explode kinda, I'm not actually sure what they're called." She shrugs.

"Explode?" My eyes widen.

"Not like that. They will just make a really loud noise and hopefully scare the shit out if her." She smirks.

"Okay, are we done now?" I ask.

"I'm only just getting started." She winks and silently runs out of the room.

"Han?" I whisper shout.

"Lounge." She quietly calls back. I walk in, and she's blowing up a balloon sort of thing. A whoopie cushion. Oh boy.

I watch as she lifts a cushion on the chair and places it under it, then places the cushion back.

"Okay, I got one more." She says and walks out of the room, but stops at the door when a light turns on.

"Shit." She curses, running back to me and we hide behind the couch.

We then make our escape and quickly run out the door, quietly closing it behind us.

"The only one I didn't get to do was the best one." She groans as we walk away from the house.

"Too bad, you'll have to do-" I stop when Han suddenly freezes, her body going tense.

"What is it?" I ask. She turns around, facing the house.

"What day is it?" She asks.

"Um," I pull out my phone to check. "Thursday, why?"

"Shit." She sighs, running her fingers through her hair.

"What?" I ask.

"Shit! That's not good." She says and she takes off down the road.

"What's going on?" I yell. She turns around, walking backwards as she answers.

"El isn't home!" She yells and turns, running towards the house again.