Chapter 55

I run up the street behind Han, she's panting and trying to quietly open the front door.

"You're going back inside?" I panic.

"Yeah." She shrugs.

"Shouldn't you call her?" I ask.

"You call her." She said and she opens the door and walks in.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and dial El's number. She answers on the third ring.

"Hey."

"Hey, El, where are you?" I get straight to the point.

"With Louis, why?" She asks.

"So you're not at your house?"

"No, why? You're starting to freak me out."

"There's someone in your house." I say.

"What?" She almost screams. "Wait, it's Thursday isn't?"

"Yeah, why?" I raise an eyebrow, even though she can't see me.

"My friend was staying over on Thursday." She explains.

"Oh, that's okay then." I let out the breath I didn't realise I was holding.

"Yeah." She sighs. "I have to go now, bye." And she hangs up.

I rush into the house and search for Han. I see her about to open the door to El's bedroom.

"Stop." I say quietly. She turns and looks at me. "El said her friend was staying here tonight."

"Well thank god for that." She sighs and we walk out of the house and back to our place.

"That was scary." She mumbles.

"Yeah, a little bit." I shrug. I would have been freaking out if I was in Han's position.

We walk inside and I lay down on the couch. Grabbing the remote and turning the TV on. It was on the news. Nothing special was happening. I sighed, changing the channel. Han walked back in and put a disc in the DVD player, and sat down next to me.

"What are we watching?" I ask.

"We're watching How I met your mother, from the very beginning." She smiles.

"Oh great." I say sarcastically. We've already done this three times, she's got an obsession with it. It's a little scary how attached she is to it, same with Friends, and Anchor Man.

Just as the 5th episode starts, my phone starts ringing.

I pull it out of my pocket and saw it was Hannah. She keeps pocket dialling me.

"Why do you keep pocket dialling me?" I ask her.

"What?" She turns her attention away from the TV to look at me.

I show her my phone and she looks confused at first, then catches on and she laughs, shrugging, I decline the call and we continue watching.

"Shit!" Hannah sudden jumps over the back of the couch, and crouching behind it, almost as if she's hiding.

"What?" I ask, looking at her.

"Spider." She points to the table.

"Shit!" I basically scream and jump behind the couch.

"Don't ask me to kill it for you." Han says as I open my mouth to ask just that.

"I'm not gonna kill it." I tell her in a whisper.

"Why are you whispering?" She asks, giving me a strange look.

"I don't know, it just seems like the right thing to do." I shrug.