Chapter 62

"IZZY!!" Someone yells through the apartment.

I panic but slowly walk out of my room and see Elle standing there, glaring at me. What did I do?

"Where is it?" She asks. Oh, that!

"Where's what?" I act like I have no idea where her laptop is.

"My laptop. Hand it over." She says holding her hand out.

"I don't have it." I say, trying to keep a serious face.

"Bull shit, fork it." She glares.

"Fork?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Just give me my laptop." She groans. "I need to Skype someone."

"Who is this someone?" I poke her stomach.

"I, uh..." She looks uncomfortable. "Just a friend."

"Friend, aye, who is this friend, male or female, what are their intentions?" I question.

"He's just a friend." She mumbles.

"So it's a he!" I exclaim.

"Yeah." She seems extremely uncomfortable, and I think I know why. But it's fine. I've moved on, well, no I haven't, I still love him, but I'm working on it, Elle's helping me, she keeps my mind off him, and the kids, they help too. I don't feel a burden in my chest everytime I look at them now.

"You can talk about Harry to me you know." I tell her and she shakes her head.

"I know, but I don't want to, because I know you still love Niall and as much as you pretend it doesn't hurt when you hear his name, I know you are in pain, you can hide it, but not from me." She tells me, and I feel a tear escaping my eyes, I've been extremely emotional since he left.

"See." She gives me sad smile before giving me a hug.

We pull out of the embrace when we hear crying. They've been doing that a lot more since Niall hasn't been around.

We walk into the room and they are both crying, I tend to Sammy and Elle tends to Charlie.

"Are they due?" She asks and I nod after checking my phone. We walk into the kitchen and prepare the bottles.

Just as they have both finished their bottles and fallen asleep, there is a knock at the door, I stand up to answer the door and Elle goes on her phone.

I open the door and my eyes go wide at the sight. There, stood in front of me, is the one person I was hoping to never see again. But it wasn't just the fact that be was stood before me, it was the condition he was in, drunkly swaying, his face black and blue.

Luke.

"Holy shit." I gasp at the sight.

"Hi." Luke gives a small wave.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well, my boss fired me, and I wanted to come see you." He smirks. His boss was Elle's brother.

"Are you alright?" I ask, letting him in.

"I'm a little bit sore." He slurs.

I sling his arm over my shoulder after I close the door and lead him into the lounge, and sit him on the couch. Elle is no longer in the room.

I get him a glass of water and he chugs it down and hands it back to me.

"Who was it?" Elle asks, walking back into the room, but not looking up from her phone.

"Um.." I look at him and she walks around to where we are and as soon as she sees him she freezes.

"Why is he here?" She harshly asks.