He scares you

Lightening occasionally flashed through the windows of the manor as the rain harshly pounded down on the building. Ciel was in his study, and the door was locked. He had been making phone calls to many people. Nobles, business men, and his own employees.

     He had been in there for hours, unreachable by you. This resulted in your retreat to the servants for entertainment. 

       As you wandered around the house, looking for the 3 stooges, you heard whispers coming from the kitchen. Inching toward the faint voice, it was revealed that Baldroy had been telling scary myths. 

    "What are you doing?" You asked, causing Finny and Mey-rin to jump. It appears they're easily scared.

    "Oh, My Lady, we were just getting back to work, yes we were!" Mey-rin frantically announced, standing up. 

    "Right... so what was that about the 'ghost whom roams the streets'?" You teased, raising your brow. Fear engulfed their facial expressions as they realized they had been caught. "Do you mind if I join?" 

    ~ 

     "And it's said that every now and again, the ghost comes out during a storm to claim it's next victim!" Bard ended. 

    Everyone was left a shaking mess after the story; merely attempting to convince themselves it was just a simple tale. It wasn't long after, that a light creak pierced the silence. The noise came from upstairs. Saying that it horrified you was an understatement. 

     "What was that?! Mey-rin, m-maybe you should look into it!" You urged. 

      "Me!? U-uh, um, what about Finny?" 

    "What? Not me!" Another creak interrupted your bickering.  

     "Maybe we should all look at it t-together?" Bard suggested. Normally, that would've been a good solution, of course, it was only proposed because he didn't want the majority vote on him next. 

      Walking in sync, you peered into the dark abyss that was the living room. Reluctantly, you changed your gaze to the stairs. Another bolt of lightening struck through the air, the silhouette of a tall man briefly reaching your eyes. Right on cue, thunder struck directly after, creating an even more horrific atmosphere that would only fuel your fear. 

      For some reason, you decided to seek refuge behind Bard's back; however, it appeared you weren't the only one with this idea, for Finny was in front of you, shaking just as intensely as you were. 

     Lightening struck once more, illuminating the room again, only to reveal that the silhouette had moved and was now walking down the stairs. The three of you retreated back into the kitchen in a panic, hoping the person didn't see you. 

    "It's the ghost! I don't want to be the next victim!" Finny wailed. Within your hysterical state, you gained an idea when a nearby frying pan caught your eye. Just as you snatched the object, a final creak was heard. He was at the bottom of the stairs. 

    You charged toward the intruder with the intent to hit them in the 'special area', assuming that might stop them more than a blow to the head, however, before the pan came in contact with anything other than air, a hand took hold of your wrist, limiting any further movement. 

    "My lady, it is simply us." Sebastian's voice reached your ears. 

     You heard the sound of a match just before light engulfed the room. As your eyes adjusted to the light, it was revealed that Ciel was in front of you. Your shaky hands dropped the pan before embracing Ciel in a bear hug. Your terror seemed to fade away by simply holding him. Luckily, even if you did hit Ciel, you would've only hit his chest, for the silhouette -the person you thought you were attacking- was Sebastian. 

     "You scared me half to death!" You exclaimed. Ciel pat your back in response. "Also... sorry, I didn't mean to attack you..." 

     "It's alright..." he said in monotone. He didn't seem to care. "But honestly, you fell for that foolish tale?" 

      "You're kidding right? Your butler is a demon whom has a homicidal reaper as a stalker and you think that was a foolish tale!" You vigorously whispered, your head buried inside his chest. "Wait... how did you know about the story?"  

   "I heard the end of it. Bard was being quite loud." He grumbled. You gave out an inaudible sigh, for now, you would just enjoy his warmth.