You do something nice

Ciel has been noticeably stressed lately due to work. He hasn't been in the best mood, and has been easily irritated and quite snappy. He appears disappointed and tired each time you see him leave his study, which was beginning to worry you. Because of his mood as of late, and you being the sweet and caring lover that you are, you wanted to find or do something to lighten him up or at least loosen him up. 

        While brainstorming what Ciel might like, you summoned Sebastian in for some tea. Vetoing your thoughts one after the other, you groaned. "Sebastian, has anything ever made Ciel smile? Not toward the public or a devious smirk of victory, but a happy smile?" 

   Sebastian had been pouring out the tea when you had asked. A few seconds passed by with him in thought; you were beginning to think he ignored the question. "Yes, there was this one time. It was a rather dark and unfortunate event that caused it." 

   "Unfortunate event...?" You questioned, "What happened?" You asked. 

      Sebastian was reluctant, but proceeded to tell you about Ciel's adventure at the circus; specifically, the time when Ciel burst out with laughter. 

       "What the bloody hell is wrong with him!?" A rhetorical outburst, of course. You knew that Ciel was quite messed up and dark in many aspects-- you knew that getting into this relationship-- but the question had always been to what extent. 

      Now? ...He just reached a new level. 

      Although you did want to cheer Ciel up a bit and take off some of his stress, you weren't going to kill some toddlers to do it. 

      So you did the 'next' best thing. 

 After a quick trip to the store, you returned to the manor. Barging into Ciel's study, you threw atop his desk a pen with a little ghost on the top. "It's no dead child, but I'm sure you can make do." 

  Ciel stopped his work to look up to you, clearly confused. Looking back down to his desk, he took note of the new pen and cautiously picked it up, examining it briefly. The poor guard dog was probably even more confused. He didn't seem to have an verbal questions, just the clear 'wtf' written on his face. 

       If he chose to actually question this later, you'd answer him, but for now, you had other things to attend to. 

     Leaving the room, you were greeted by Sebastian's face on the other side of the door. "Oh, Sebastian," You mumbled, a little startled at seeing him "Sebastian, prepare 3 different types of chocolate cake." You ordered, regaining your composure. 

      This was your last resort. Ciel should be happy with cake, and it should help with the stress. 

      "I cannot do that, My Lady. Dinner is coming shortly and that would spoil the Young Lord's meal." Sebastian replied. 

      Honestly, you were a bit surprised that he denied you... "Sebastian, if I must, I will go into town and get the cakes from a bakery myself. No matter what, Ciel will get cake, so you might as well be the one to make them..." You stated sternly, "besides, if I end up being the one who has to go get them, then I'll be irritable as well." You sighed. 

       Although displeased, Sebastian agreed. When the cakes were finished, you surprised Ciel with them, convincing him to take a break. Chocolate cake and Earl Grey should've been an ideal break for Ciel; you could even see Ciel relaxing while you were making small talk. The cake must've done its job right.