When he sleep talks

It was currently 6 o'clock in the evening. You had finally finished all the activities that you planned for the day, and now found yourself aching for a little Ciel time. You were aware that he was most likely working, but to be fair, that never stopped you from spending time with him before~ You were perfectly fine with holding a one-sided conversation in his presence. In fact, it was truly an honor to be able to annoy the living daylights out of him. 

Peculiarly, when you looked for him in his study, the room was barren and devoid of light. How odd; Ciel was practically glued to his office chair most days. You didn't hear anything about him leaving for the evening nor did you see him on your way to the study. You weren't exactly sure where else Ciel would be. This was... really weird... you never lost Ciel before. This predicament was usually vice versa. 

You tried to figure out where else he would be during this time. You decided to check his bedroom, and sure enough, he was there... but it wasn't the way you expected. He was asleep? Ciel's rarely in bed this early. Why was today the special day? ...No, seriously... why today? You wanted him today. 

 Oh, but, Miss (Y/N) wasn't a quitter! If Ciel wanted to sleep—Fine! But you were still going to spend your time with him. 

 Thankfully, Ciel seemed to be in a deep sleep and Sebastian didn't seem to be nearby. Instead of just leaving, you chose to shut the door and walk to the other side of Ciel's large bed. It was now completely dark in the room, save for the few rays of moonlight that seeped through the window. Your eyes quickly adjusted to the night, and you were able to find your way onto the bed. 

 You were blushing like mad by this point; you could barely believe what you were doing! If anybody were to see this...! You were a young girl in a boy's room alone with him! On his bed, no less! It felt so scandalous! ...Even if your intentions were pure. 

 You continued to climb on the bed until you were toward the top, resting on a few of the pillows and overlooking Ciel's cute, sleeping face. You really hoped he didn't wake up. 

 You stayed like that for a few minutes, simply admiring him. A few more minutes passed by, and eventually, you began to stroke his hair subconsciously. Your touch was light, and his hair was soft. You didn't even realize that you were doing it until Ciel started fidgeting. 

 "S... Sebas... tian...?" He asked, slightly above a whisper. His words were slurred and groggy, and for a second, you became paralyzed thinking that he woke up. You said nothing, and Ciel continued, "Yes... of course... of course, I'm pleased..." 

 It was by this time that you realized Ciel was still asleep. You must have brought some part of him back to consciousness when you touched him... you were guessing that his deep sleep was the only thing keeping him from waking up for real, "Ciel... Ciel... Yes... I'm Sebastian. What pleases you?" You wanted to pretend like you were better than this, but you weren't. You wanted to know what Ciel was dreaming about. 

 And you wanted to ensure that he stayed asleep while getting the information, so you even put on a deep and silky voice too. 

 "I'm... just worried tha... that..." It was clear that Ciel wasn't responding to your words when he spoke. He must've been answering to that of his dream Sebastian. "...it's not... enough..." 

 "Ciel, what's not enough?" You asked in your best impression of Sebastian. The young boy's words were gaining more coherency and speed each time he talked. 

 "...I've been working... all this time to save up... all of this money... but now that the time's come... I don't know if... if it will be enough--..." 

 "Go on, Ciel. You can tell your dear butler," You didn't know how Sebastian talked to Ciel. 

 "..." He had trouble enunciating his last words, but when he did, they came out airy, like the ghost of a breath, "--...for  h e r." 

 "Who are you... Ciel, who are you saving money for?" This was a... weird dream. 

 "Sebastian, do you understand!" Ciel sounded as if he wanted to shout, but it only came out as a hoarse whisper. "All of my time... spent in this room, at this desk, for... so many long hours have all led up... to this moment! Every document I've done in advance... every task I've done for more profit...!" A sole tear seemed to drip down his face, and you became increasingly concerned, "All of that money... I've saved for (Y/N) for when I die... so that she can sustain herself long after... my soul's been devoured...! But, what if it's not enough... Sebastian? What if (Y/N) still can't sustain herself..." 

 "..." You had no words. Something told you that this wasn't really a fictional dream, rather a nightmare based off things to come. Another drop seemed to find its way onto Ciel's cheek. Until you sniffled, you didn't actually realize that the tear came from you. Several other droplets began to follow suit, and they accidentally fell on Ciel. You tried to wipe them the best you could, but they came out so quickly. 

 All this time, you never knew that that was why Ciel worked so much. I mean, sure, you thought that completing paperwork and documents 2 years in advance was excessive of him, but you just assumed that Ciel was a workaholic that fancied his job. 

 As more tear drops splashed onto his face, he seemed to stir more in his sleep. Eventually, rather than waking up, the external stimuli appeared to have lulled Ciel back into full unconsciousness. He continued to mouth his words very subtly, but no sound escaped his lips. You chose to continue laying on his bed and watch him sleep after his confession. You found it too hard to tear yourself away from him tonight. Unbeknownst to you, a certain butler dressed in black was peering through the tiniest crack in the ajar door to check on his young master.