When Someone Betrays Him

Whilst calmly walking around the halls of the manor, a series of loud wails and pleas suddenly erupted. The abrupt sound caused you to stop in your path, leaving you to further listen to the bloodcurdling screams exerting furious emotions of fear and pain. 

   The rigid footsteps that loudly pounded on the floor were accompanied by an obnoxiously loud orchestra of breathless pants. The screams had been getting progressively louder with each advancing step. Despite the obvious urgency this person had, you only heard one set of stampeding footsteps. Was he running from a cricket? 

 If you tried to listen closely, you might have been able to pick up the sound of a secondary stride; one that was far more quiet and graceful than the other... far more slow... teasingly slow. 

   Nonetheless, you continued down your path, coincidentally following the screams of agony that had been echoing off of every single wall, crook, and cranny this mansion had to offer. 

   You kept getting closer and closer and the screams kept getting louder and more violent. From what you could tell, the vocal cords seemed to belong to an adult man. You knew precisely what was happening and you didn't like it. 

    When you finally reached the man, you realized that you had reached the staircase. That same man, having fallen to the floor, was crawling down the first few steps. Legs first with his head facing the top, he slowly maneuvered himself down the stairs. He continued to scream loud and aggressively, blood pooling beneath him and leaving a trail from where he was to where he is. Observing him, you noticed that an ankle was badly twisted, also leaking blood, and his left arm was left motionless at his side. Comparable to the blood seeping out of his ankle, a similar but dull stream of blood dripped from his mouth, flowing slowly down his chin. The man was a mess. He could do very little other than beg for mercy from his horrid abuser. 

    That abuser was as clear as day to you, and yet you couldn't recognize him. The attacker wore an expression that you found chilling to your very blood, a look that you hoped would never be directed at you. It had been Sebastian in all his sleek and graceful glory; the tiniest speck of the unfortunate man's blood had tainted his clothes despite the fact his blood had been covering almost everything else in the manor. 

   It was impossible to not notice the blood... the dark, crimson red... that was slippery yet thick... rough yet liquid... a despicable smell emanating from every drop. The blood that covered the manor made you absolutely sick. The smell was so strong, you practically felt as if its iron entered your lungs with every breath. 

    It was a blood bath. You had to interject. 

   "CIEL!!!!!!!! COME DOWN THIS INSTANT!!!" You screamed at the top of your lungs, unintentionally competing with the man that was horribly close to losing his life. In fact, your voice was so loud, you believe you saw the paintings on the wall shake. Both Sebastian and the strange man had turned their heads to you. It appeared that they hadn't noticed you before. The butler seemed to pause his taunting murder after you called Ciel down."WE TALKED ABOUT THIS!!! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DID I SAY ABOUT KILLING PEOPLE IN THIS MANOR?!?!?!" It was an ironic word choice, but it's what entered your brain. 

      It was at that moment that you found out that this stranger that was in your house and who could probably already see the light, definitely had some nerve. Although he had blood coming out of three different places and had been screaming for 15 minutes, he still seemed to have enough energy to speak. "Oh, is the little lady giving the Queen's big guard dog trouble?" The man laughed. You weren't sure who he was talking to. 

     You may not have approved of this man's death or his murder, but you knew Ciel had a reason so you weren't going to interfere. It may seem a bit soulless, but it wasn't your place. Nonetheless, that still angered you.