9 | Distances

2 weeks later.

"Kay," I tapped him on the shoulder - he was eating a sandwich.

"What?" He turned around. Then he put a piece of gum into his mouth.

"I really need your help. I need to get out of here ASAP."

"You know that is going to get me into a lot of trouble with my boss, right? And after you kicked me in the nuts a few weeks ago, should I really help you?"

"Nick and I had a fight yesterday," I replied. We fought about me wanting to leave this wretched place - but he didn't want to let me go because he thought I need "protection". "I really need your help to escape. He doesn't want me to leave."

"How much will you pay me?" Kay asked, folding his arms.

"You know I don't have any money! When you kidnapped me, I was homeless for goodness sake!"

"No way am I helping you. I don't want to get into trouble."

"Fuck you, Kay. You're so useless."

I ran off. I didn't know who to ask because everyone here hated me. I could have asked Rosita, but she was on vacation with her new boyfriend. And then an idea popped into my head. Stacy was the one betraying The Ivory Lions, and I could easily threaten her! I walked back to the parlor. There I witnessed Nick and Stacy kissing each other wildly, on the couch. My eyes started to water as I saw Nick, passionately holding her. She was only wearing a bra, and he wasn't wearing a shirt.

"I HATE YOU, NICK GREYSON!" I screamed and cried. I couldn't bear the thought of Stacy and Nick together, and what Rosita said to me on my date with Nick kept ringing in my head.

"Scarlett I-" Nick chased after me. But all I could remember doing was running. Running away from my problems. I didn't want to be in this place anymore because all it brought was problems. As I ran down the corridors, I found Nick's golden gun on the floor and it was loaded. I picked it up and carried on running. I got down 6 sets of stairs and finally made it to the bottom after a minute and ran out the building. The men standing outside tried to stop me, but I shot at them. I didn't even care if I killed them or not, I just needed to escape.

"Scarlett, PLEASE!" Nick screamed, trying to get me back. A part of me wanted to hug him tightly and be safe with him, but the other part of me wanted to kill everyone there, including him. I don't even know where I was going, nor did I care - all I needed to do was find my mother and learn the truth about myself. I also needed to find Jackson since he escaped and end this once and for all, and if it resulted in death, then so be it.

I ended up in the forest, sitting on a log, reflecting on my life. My shit life. My life full of shit. I missed my mother dearly, and the fact that Jackson had taken me away and given me this baby made me miss her even more. The anger I was feeling was so surreal. I needed to take revenge on him. Now more than ever.

I wound up in a small village, not far from Nick's apartment. There were little children running around and having fun with each other, something I hadn't seen in a long time. I tried to stay hidden therefore I wouldn't look like a creepy woman, but then I looked at my outfit. Knee-high boots with some leggings, a tank top, and a cardigan.

Maybe I don't look so bad after all. I thought. I adjusted my cardigan which was almost been ripped by the trees I ran through, and my boots which had been scuffed by the stones on the ground.

I looked around the village and saw elderly woman and men sitting outside their houses, talking. They looked pretty old, but were still enjoying life and laughing. This village was something I had never seen before. Peace and Tranquility. They were probably oblivious to what was going on at the other side of the forest.

I stepped forwards and a young girl noticed me and ran away.

"No, please," I called her back and she came to me. She stood at a distance.

"Hi, little girl, you see - I need some help. Do you know anyone that knows this place well?"

"My papa." She whispered. "My papa owns this place."

"Can you direct me to where he is?" I asked.

"Papa died. A few weeks ago. Some men came here and shot at him."

The Bronze Dragons. I thought to myself. I knew that because everything added up. The shoot out between The Ivory Lions and The Bronze Dragons. The same day I shot Jackson.

"I'm so sorry to hear that," I held her hand. "Do you have any family here?"

"No, but I have an uncle that I wanted to live with, but he said no."

"Why?" I asked, interested in this girl's story.

"He says it's too dangerous. He visits me once in a while, even though he lives down there."
Then she pointed towards Nick's Apartment.

"And what does he look like?" I asked.

"I don't know," She replied with a sad look in her eyes. "He always wears a mask."

Well that's it guys! I am trying so hard to space out the chapters, because I aim to have at least 30 chapters in this book so bear with me!! Stay tuned for the next chapter!