21 | Hypocritical

Sean's lips were pressed against mine for a long amount of time, and my mom stared at me in disappointment. But the only thing that I cared about at this very moment was what Nick thought and his facial expressions. I struggled to look at him, but all I heard was a round of applause.

"Well, if it isn't Scarlett kissing another guy, oh, my man, Sean!" Nick spoke sarcastically. "Don't you think that's a bit inappropriate to do in a cemetery, Scarlett? I thought you knew better than that."

I stepped forward and crossed my arms. I didn't know how he knew it was me, but then I slowly started to find out when I smelt myself. I was wearing the perfume he had given me.

"Don't you dare question me, Nick, when I found you with that slut. You're a dick, Nick."

Nick looked at me from head to toe.

"New look, huh? You know, every day, you look more and more like Andrei."

Then I took a second to think about what he was saying? He knew that I was Andrei's daughter and never told me anything about it.

"So you know, then," I told him.

"Oh, I've always known. From the second I saw you, I thought of someone. And that happened to be Andrei Petrova." then he stared at Sean, who was reaching for his gun. "And Sean, my buddy. You're fired."

"Fine with me, Nick. You've always treated me like shit anyway." Sean grabbed my hands. "Let's go."

"There's just one more thing I have to tell him," I told Sean, and he let go of my hands. I walked up to Nick and grabbed his ears. "I'm a free woman, now. Nothing and I mean nothing can make me obey you or anyone anymore."

Nick started to laugh and as I walked away he pulled me back. He smelt the perfume I was wearing.

"You know, I didn't know it was you by your perfume," he whispered. "It was by your bright blue eyes. Their beauty captured me."

I smiled faintly and caressed him. Then I kicked him right in the nuts. He started to squeal in pain. I drew my gun and placed it on his forehead.

"Don't you dare flirt with me in these circumstances, Nick," I smirked. "I'm not your doll anymore."

Then I stuffed the gun back in my back pocket and walked away.

"You and your new boyfriend will pay for this, I swear it!"

I just laughed and we jumped back in the car. Mom wouldn't talk to me for the whole journey home, and I think I knew why. When we got back into the room, I placed my hands over her shoulders and tried to talk to her.

"I don't want your position in society to change you," she said, wiping the tears off her face. "The way you acted once you saw Nick, is proof that you're changing. Your past and future can never be changed, but your present is up to you."

"Mom, I'm so sorry, I just felt so angry at that moment, that I had to make Nick jealous. I didn't want him to see that I was weak and take advantage of me."

"I know. And I respect that you're becoming a strong and independent woman. But you have to think about the people around you, and how it affects them. You should talk to Sean, and apologize. You didn't want Nick to take advantage of you, but you took advantage of Sean."

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks, mom."

I walked up to Sean who was drinking beer.

"So, that kiss? Was it real or-"

"Sean, I haven't really told you the whole truth about Nick and I."

"The truth's already out there, Scarlett. You used me as bait today."

"I know, and that's why I came to talk to you. I'm so sorry for today, it's just that I needed Nick to be jealous and leave me alone. The truth is, Nick and I were sort of together. We had a couple of fights but deep down I had feelings for him. We broke up due to lies and betrayal and yeah, that's what happened."

"Then who's the father of your baby?" Sean asked.

"I was raped. Not by Nick, but by a guy named Jackson."

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Who is he? Where is he right now?"

"I don't know, he's everywhere. It turns out that he knew who I was before dating me, he did it to steal my fortune, but he found out that my mom had none of the money my father had and decided to just keep me as a toy to play with. After a few years, he raped me and kicked me out."

"I should have known, Scarlett! You never told me!"

"I know and I'm sorry! I just didn't want you to worry, you know? I had already had enough man trouble in my life."

"Man trouble? Was I going to be man trouble?"

"No-"

"Right, I get it. I get that the only person that you've loved is Nick. I should just accept that and move on before I get used."

Then Sean walked away and left the apartment.

"He's still mad," I told mom, who was looking out the window. "He probably won't ever forgive me for not opening up to him."

"Tell me, honey. What do you feel for Nick and Sean? Let's start with Sean."

"I feel grateful to him. Not even knowing who I am, and rescuing me from just... total bullshit. He feels something for me, I know it, and that's what makes him so attached and protective. I love him in my own way, but it's just not as strong as the love I feel for Nick because-"

"Stop there," mom smiled. "Now, Nick."

"Ahh. Nick. I don't know what to say about him. The first time I saw him, I remembered what life was like before everything went to shit. He was cold at first, but just being with him for those few weeks was like heaven. He became such a genuine and funny guy, who was protective of me. He was protective of people he loved. He's very family-oriented. I felt something for him. But everything that happened to his brother changed him and made him remorseful. I didn't know how to handle the situation and the fact that I was pregnant with the man that he hated the most's child, just made us both question our relationship. But I couldn't stay with someone who's mood just changed like that. It just doesn't make any sense."

"Wow, you had a lot to say about Nick. Your face lightens up when you talk about him and then goes back down when you talk about his brother. What happened?"

"Jackson murdered his brother. Probably out of revenge for something."

"Wow," mom sighed. "I feel for him now."

"So, what do you think? About all of this?"

"Hmm," mom held my hands. "You love Nick. But your relationship is bittersweet. Spending time with him will determine where you stand."

I sighed and lied down for a while. I thought about what my mom said to me.

Your past and future can never be changed, but your present is up to you.

---

Thanks for reading this chapter! I understand I was a bit late with the releasing, just been REALLY busy lately. I'm going back to school in 5 days! Well, there you go.

This chapter has gotten me thinking. Nick and D***. They both rhyme XD

So, Scarlett's mom has really got her thinking about her and Nick's relationship. What do you think? Should Nick and Scarlett get back together?

#noway    #yesway

I wanna know your thoughts! See you in the next chapter of:

MISS MAFIA!