55 | The First Day Of The Rest Of Our Lives (p1)

9 months later

"Gosh, you look gorgeous Scarlett!" Stacey smiled. If Nick saw you right now he'd die on the spot.

"Well him seeing me would be bad luck and I really don't want bad luck at my wedding."

Today was the day. I was marrying the love of my life, Nickolas Greyson. I believe that everything that happened in my life happened for a reason. Otherwise I would not be here, behind a huge brown gate, ready to walk down the aisle among hundreds of people.

I was walking alone, but I didn't mind, because on either side of me was my parents, linking arms with me, comforting me on this special day.

In front of me was Popita holding Victoria in her arms, with a basket of flowers.

"Are you ready?" Stacey asked me. I was shaking. "Cold feet?"

"No, of course not," I smiled. "Just a little nervous."

"Ahh, you've done this before haven't you?"

"That was in front of a man I didn't love so I wasn't really bothered that much however this is the man of my dreams and I can't mess it up."

"You won't, Scarlett. Just breathe."

I took Stacey's advise and took a deep breath in, then out. Then suddenly, I heard the orchestra playing in the background. I braved myself as the gates opened.

Popita and Victoria in her arms, went down the aisle first, and before I knew it, they were gone and all eyes were on me. I locked eyes with Nick, his eyes welled up with tears. My dress was so big it covered the whole width of the aisle. I finally got to the end and held Nick's hands.

He mouthed to me, "you look stunning".

I couldn't help but cry. A wedding in a beautiful garden with the man I loved and my daughters was a dream come true. Yes, we had full custody of Popita and she was officially ours.

"Don't cry or you'll ruin your makeup, babe." Nick laughed. He had a good point.

"We are here to celebrate the joining of Nickolas Greyson and Scarlett Hansen." The priest spoke. Nick and I smiled at each other so much.

Now it was time for our vows.

"Scarlett, ever since the day I laid eyes on you, you were never not in my mind. Our ups and downs, our separation. You never left. Because you mean something to me that no one can mean to me. You came to me at a point in my life where I needed someone to help, to help myself - and I fell in love with you in the process. I want to spend the rest of my life with you because you fixed me, and kept fixing me even when I fucked up."

I giggled a little in awe. I never knew Nick could sound so emotional.

"Nick, you and your impulsive ways brought me to where I am today. I know all the answers to life's questions and even though I've lost people along the way, you've kept me happy. I can't imagine life without you and I'm so grateful I fell in love with you when I did. I love you."

Then Stacey approached us with the rings. As Nick placed the ring on my finger he said: "I, Nickolas Greyson, take you, Scarlett Hansen as my lawful wife to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part."