15 | Sober Up

All I could remember was running.

Running away from my problems which faced me.

I thought about Nick's face - his beautiful black hair, and his beautiful eyes.

That made me run even further, I wanted to be as far from him as possible.

--

I wound up in a bar, not far from the area where the car stopped. I had gotten tired of running, and I had fallen over once or twice, which made everything even worse. I could only see Nick's face - the shame on his face. I thought about the driver's family, them wondering why he never came home. I also thought about the baby I was carrying, and how I would have to raise the baby on my own. But now, I didn't even want the baby.

Everyone stopped to stare at me. I wondered why, and then looked at myself. My sweats were scratched up and so was my face, after I felt it. I had grime and dirt all over my clothes and looked a mess. Women looked around at each other after seeing me and it was not after I while that I realized that I was the center of attention.

"Ma'am, do you need any help?" A young man, around my age asked me. I couldn't talk. I was just  traumatized. I just walked away from him and noticed a man with a bottle of whisky. I had never drank before, so whatever I was about to do was strange. I pushed the guy on the floor and heard everyone 'ooh-ing' at me. Surprisingly, no one tried to stop me. I placed my lips on the mouth of the bottle, and didn't even care if they guy had already done so. I just drank, and drank and drank.

It got dark outside and I was so drunk I couldn't even function properly. I threw up numerous times, on myself. I danced around everyone, talking gibberish, probably things about Nick and the cab driver. I just wanted to close my eyes and forget about everything...

-----

"Sean, look at the news,"

"We've got the murderer in our house,"

"What are we gonna do with her?"

"Who the fuck is she?"

"Where am I?" I jumped up from a bed, rubbing my eyes, and noticing two men staring at me. The first guy was blonde, with light brown highlights in his hair, whilst the other one looked exactly like Nick.

Or maybe I was mistaken.

"Nick, you bastard, you lied to me and murdered that-" I screamed. Then I looked again, and it was a totally different man.

"I think you need rest," the guy looked confused. "I'm Sean, and this is my buddy Aaron."

"I'm sorry, I just was really baffled-" 

"It's cool - seriously. We know how it feels to murder, you know, it's common for us."

Murder? Why did I always end up with the wrong people?

"You guys are murderers?" I asked, knowing that I needed to leave now.

"Why are you surprised? I mean, isn't that common for you too?" Aaron asked. I blinked many times and tried to understand what he was asking. But I couldn't get my head around it.

"Uhh- no. I mean, I've shot a guy but, that's it. I've never murdered anyone."

"Does this guy ring a bell?" Then Aaron pointed at their television. A picture of the cab driver appeared on the television then a video of me shouting that I murdered him was on the news.

"No, no, no! It's not what you think! I was drunk - I-"

"Stop, we get it. First murders are pretty serious. But through the back? Isn't that kind of harsh?" Aaron laughed.

"Stop laughing!" I shouted. I just couldn't believe that my face was all over the news and that I was wanted by the Russian authorities. "I didn't kill that guy! And I didn't shoot him through the back!"

"Then who did?" Asked Sean. I thought hard. I didn't know who these guys were- well, I knew their names but I didn't know who they worked for. They could have been part of the Bronze Dragons and I didn't want to rat Nick out. But they could have been part of the Ivory Lions and would be able to help me. But I couldn't risk it.

"I don't know," I replied, which just made my situation worse. The anger I was feeling was really wanting me to just spill my guts, but I knew that if I said something I wasn't meant to, I could put Nick into jail. Even though he was a criminal that deserved to be in jail, I still loved him. In a way.

"Then how did you know that guy was murdered? And you're pregnant? Jesus..."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I don't know. I guess I'm psychic?"

Then Aaron stepped near me.

"Can you tell my future?" Aaron asked. He looked like someone who was just.. dumb.

"I'm not a fortune teller, Aaron. I just knew for some reason, that this guy was murdered."

"Great," Sean paced around the room. "But you're in big trouble, lady. The cops are looking everywhere for you."

"I know, and it sucks. What can I do?" I asked, standing up. "I wish I had a home, a family. But I'm alone."

"What's your name?" Sean asked staring at me. "I wanna help you."

"I... I mean, my name is... Sierra. Sierra Rodriguez." That's all I could think of.

"Well, hi, Sierra. I know you need help and I'm here. Whenever you need me."

Sean sat and stared at me, with loving eyes. He gazed at me for a long time, which felt uncomfortable, so I shifted back. Then I laughed awkwardly.

"Hmm, I should probably go now, I don't want the both of you to get in trouble."

"No, don't go," Sean dragged me back. "We'll protect you, and this baby you're carrying."

Then he felt my stomach. Sean was becoming too close for my liking, almost like he wanted to start a relationship with me. I wanted to mention that I was in a relationship with someone else, but that wasn't the case. Nick and I had our issues, but that didn't stop us from loving each other. 

"Honestly, I don't like the fact that you both are going to be at risk of going to prison because of me. You've helped me enough by waiting for me to be sober and understand the situation I'm in. Please, just let me go."

"You heard her, Sean, let her go," Aaron crossed his arms.

"Shut up, Aaron. And Sierra, I will not let you go, especially if you're pregnant."

-----------------------------

I decided to publish this one because I woke up, and felt like writing. I was so full of ideas that I just had to publish this. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!

How will Scarlett (Or Sierra) adjust to living with Sean and Aaron - more murderers?

What is Sean up to? Why does he want Scarlett so badly?

Find out in the next chapter of....

MISS MAFIA!