17 | I'll See You When I See You

"Fuck that woman! I knew she wasn't real-" Sean shouted.

"No! She's real! She knew I was pregnant! I don't know how but- she's real." I corrected him, trying to look over to see if I could trace her footsteps. "We have to follow her!"

"Sierra, you don't know if she's safe. We can't risk your life like that." Sean replied, running to the other end of the alleyway. "I'll go and check if she's somewhere to be found, okay?"

"Okay," I took a deep breath and Aaron placed his hands on my shoulders. Then Rosita ran in and asked where Sean was. "He went to look for that fortune teller."

"Scar- I mean, Sierra, why was she so scared when she talked to you?"

"I don't know," I replied, wiping the tears off my face. I don't know why, but I felt like crying. The second that woman ran away, something hit me. Her presence made me nervous and as soon as she left, the aura felt weird. It's like she had something that I had. I didn't believe in all this spiritual business, but after what just happened, and that feeling, I didn't know what I believed.

"This shit is so creepy to me," Rosita folded her arms and sighed. "Come on, Sierra, let's get you home."

We arrived back at the apartment and it made me feel so much better that Rosita lived here too. I didn't want to live with Aaron and Sean, and for one second, I actually wanted to escape.

"Baby, could you excuse us ladies for a second, please?" Rosita asked Aaron and he smiled and left. Rosita went and closed the door, then locked it. I bent my head down and thought about how my life went to shit when I decided to run away with Jackson. I should have listened to my mom and live a normal life, not a life full of murderers and mafias. But what I didn't understand was the fact that Jackson wanted my money, but as far I as I know, we weren't that rich. Yes, I know that we weren't the average middle-class family, but we weren't what you would call wealthy.

I always wondered where we inherited our money from because my mom was a baker who didn't make that much. I never met my dad, because he was murdered before I was born. But that's all I knew. My mom never told me anything about my dad because she wanted me to "live a normal life" but that was so pointless. Look where I was now.

"Scarlett, did you look closely at that woman, do you know what she looks like?" Rosita asked, looking very curious. I honestly was so blind-sighted. I couldn't get that woman out my mind. The fact that she knew me was so flabbergasting.

"She was wearing a scarf over her head - I couldn't really make out what she looked like,"

"Right, we need to put some pieces of this puzzle together. You told me on the way here that she called you Valentina, right?" Asked Rosita.

"Yeah, I find that so strange, I've never been called that before," I replied, confused. Scarlett had always been my name since I was born.

"Maybe your name was changed?" said Rosita. "I mean, have you even seen your birth certificate?"

"No, my mother probably has it. I haven't seen my mother in at least 8 years," I replied.

"That woman is definitely hiding something," spoke Rosita, who stood up and looked out the window. "We need to go back to that alleyway and search that tent."

"No way," I replied. "That alleyway creeps the shit out of me,"

"Do you wanna find out what she's hiding or not?" asked Rosita. I rolled my eyes and we headed out the room.

"I wonder where Sean is," I told Rosita, as we started heading to the alleyway. "Do you think he's found that woman?"

"I don't know, but right now we should focus on finding stuff out," Rosita and I finally reached the tent and we stepped inside. "Gosh, it smells so strange in here."

The tent was exactly as we left it, still having those Indian vibes in it. I found a small box in the corner of the tent, but unfortunately, it was locked.

"Look," I told Rosita, and I showed her the box. "We're gonna have to smash this thing open."

"Pass it here," I gave her the box and she grabbed a knife out her pocket. "Stand back, some particles could hit you."

"I'll be fine," I assured her. She held the knife in the air and smashed the lock open. I opened the box and inside were some documents and letters. I picked up the first ones that I saw and opened them up:

 I picked up the first ones that I saw and opened them up:

Then I fell to my knees.

"Scarlett?! Are you okay?!"

"Victoria... Victoria... Victoria..."

"Scarlett, speak to me!"

"Victoria was my mom's name, Rosita... that woman... was my MOM!"

Then Rosita hugged me tightly and I hugged her back. I just couldn't let go. Things were starting to make sense.

"It's the hometown of your father's downfall..."

"The Russians turned their back on us,"

This letter had revealed why my mom had run away. Now I knew that my father had written this letter before he went to Russia, and he had done something wrong that made them kill him. What I felt like doing was to take revenge on all those damn Russians that murdered my father. Now I was certain that what Jackson was after was my father's fortune.

"We need to find out more information about my father," I told Rosita.

"Your father?" she asked, taking the letter off me. "Who's this? The name at the bottom?"

"I'm guessing that's my father's name, we should probably search it up so we can locate his tombstone or something,"

"Yeah - fingers crossed that Sean finds your mother," Rosita smiled faintly and hugged me again.

"I swear... on my father's life... that I'll kill everyone who betrayed my father, Rosita! I can't live a life of lies, anymore! Let's go home and rest, but tomorrow is a brand new day. The day that I am officially going to join the Ivory Lions."

---------

Thanks for reading this chapter! I feel like I have crammed so much into one chapter but I think it was worth it x

So... Scarlett has decided she finally wants to become a real member of the Ivory Lions and take revenge on everyone that hurt her family. I can't wait to write the next chapter - hopefully, I release it on time :)

See you in the next chapter of...

MISS MAFIA!