22 | Close Friends

All I could perceive was Nick's strong cologne, just lingering in the air. Once I smelt it in that cemetery, it never left me. I knew that I had already caused Sean harm once or twice and I wanted to make it up to him.

I thought about a few various things... and the first thing that popped in my head was a date. My first date, almost got killed by my ex and the second date? In the world I was living in, you were never too sure what could happen.

I rested my head against the pillow and tried to picture myself in Sean's shoes. The fact that I had upset Sean and used him bothered me, because that is not who I was. My mom was worried that I was going to change, but she had nothing to worry about. I wasn't going to change who I was. I wouldn't become a different person.

"Hey," Rosita walked into the room and gave my mother a huge hug. "So you must be Scarlett's mama, huh?"

"Yes, she's told me many things about you," mom smiled. "Good things."

"I was gonna say!" Rosita laughed and sat near me. "How you feeling?"

At this point, I didn't really know how I was feeling.

"I don't know, Ro," I managed to say. "I have so many different emotions right now. I can't stop thinking about Nick, and I can't stop thinking about Sean."

"Back it up," Rosita looked at me with a confused face. "You like the both of them?"

"I don't know," I replied. "I don't know if I hate Nick or love Nick. I don't know if I like Sean or I'm just grateful to him. I really need help."

"So basically this is some sort of love triangle?" Rosita asked, tilting her head slightly.

"I know I've said this so many times but... I don't know," I replied and Rosita laughed. She grabbed her phone and started texting Aaron.

"So, how did the cemetery thing go? Did you manage to visit your father?" Rosita asked, switching her phone off.

"Not so good," I looked down. "I saw Nick and said something crazy!"

"What?" she asked.

"I asked Sean to kiss me. To make Nick jealous."

"No," she spoke. "How did Sean react? I mean how did Nick react?"

"Sean kissed me, of course, and Nick, well he just told me how inappropriate it was, but he didn't really seem that bothered about it. I confronted him and he pulled me close, and then I kicked him. Right in the nuts."

"Ooh, that must have hurt," Rosita smiled. "Is Sean okay? Where is he?"

"I told him the whole truth about Nick and I and he got upset and took off. I'm thinking of doing something to make it up to him. I feel so embarrassed."

"So, what are you thinking?"

"I was thinking... a date? I'm not sure after the last one I had."

"Yeah, that wasn't the best date I've ever seen. I think a date would be good. Just to lift your spirits and forget about everything going on right now."

"And you get to help me again!"

"Yeah, I do!" Rosita squealed in excitement. "C'mon, let's get you down to Doris's."

We headed to Doris's and I tried on a few tight-fitting dresses that honestly looked like I was going to explode in them. Ever since Jackson had kicked me out, I must have at least gained 8 pounds. I don't know if it was the fact that I was a month pregnant, or the fact that I was actually eating properly now.