44 | Isolation

A feeling of urge came over me.

"Take me there," I instructed. "I wanna find out who she is."

"You really want to go there? I mean - isn't it dangerous?" She stood up.

"This SG could hurt my family," I replied. "I don't care if I have to pay the consequences of her stopping."

"Yeah, Okay, But you can't just go. You have to create some sort of plan. Otherwise you could be killed."

Alexis and I spent the whole day trying to come up with an effective plan of capturing whoever this SG. However, nothing seemed logical enough to be carried out.

Then I could only think of one person to help me.

"Thanks for meeting me here," I smiled and looked around the cafe. Nick took my hand.

"Anything for you," I slowly brought his hands back down. I grinned. "So, What do you want?"

"I need to find out who this SG is. I know it's a female."

"How do you know it's a female?" Nick asked.

"Uh," I stopped for a second. "Alexis Thompson told me."

"And that is....?"

"The woman who gave us the fake DNA test results." I could see Nick scrunching his hands. "But it's okay now. At least she confessed to everything."

"We'll talk about this later." He looked uncomfortable. "We need to get to SG anonymously."

"How can we do that?" I asked.

"By becoming SG. Tomorrow I'll text SG and tell her that I'm bored and I'm willing to do anything to get back into the business."

"Business? Does SG do drugs?"

"It's pretty obvious, Scarlett. If I can just earn SG's trust, maybe I can find out who she is. Then we create a plan to execute her."

"Okay," I took a deep breath. "But what about me? What do I do to contribute?"

"Nothing. You stay with Victoria and look after her until then."

"Nick, I appreciate you doing this but... I can't let you risk your life for Victoria and I. Maybe Rosita was right. Maybe I should just let go of this and live my life. If I can."

"No," he took my hands once again. "I would give my life for you in less than a heartbeat. I miss you a lot."

"I do too," I smiled. "Where do you stay? It seems like you're out and about all the time."

"I'm currently renting out this shack downtown," he laughed. "It's got these really cool lights and-"

"A shack," I lifted my brow. "For Nickolas Greyson? Time really does change people."

"Hey! I like it. It's secluded from this fucked up world, and it helps me forget things."

"Like what...?" I dared to ask. I was just curious at what he wanted to say.

"My dad. The Ivory Lions. You."

I knew that was coming. I swirled around the spoon in my coffee and took a sip. Nick gave me a weird look.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" He placed my cup down. I smiled.
"What do you want me to say, Nick? You're trying to forget me. End of story."

"Doesn't that mean anything to you?" He asked, hoping for a more positive answer.

"Listen, Nick. I'm married. I have a baby. I'm in constant fear of my life and that of my child's, so I can't be thinking about our relationship like it's a first priority."