12 | Boarding

"Get your hands off me," I slapped his hand away and then I pushed him away. "You don't deserve the satisfaction of having me after being with that bitch!"

"How many times do I have to tell you I am sorry?" He asked. As if he ever did say sorry. When did he ever apologize for sleeping with her? When? Exactly. He didn't.

"Stop lying to yourself, Nick. You never apologized or gave me a justified answer of why you slept with her." I went to the other side of the room and started gathering more clothes. Nick followed me and pulled me close, again.

"You know I love you," He ran his hands through my hair. "You know that whatever happened between Stacy and me wasn't real. The love we have is real."

"I won't deny it," I grabbed his hands and took it out of my hair. "I love you, Nick. But you really hurt me, and I don't know if I can forget what I saw."

He took a step back and sighed.

"Okay," He replied and carried on packing. "I understand. For the time being."

The next hour was silent. I figured Nick was upset but right now, I had to focus right now on going to Russia. If I had to be honest with myself, I didn't want to go. But I made the decision to go because something was telling me that if I didn't go, something bad was going to happen. And after Popita turned up, I wanted to make sure nothing happened to her. Everyone in that village had innocent faces, therefore if Nick didn't do anything, what happened to his brother could happen to that whole village. And Nick needed my help.

"We have two hours to get to the airport," I told Nick, whilst zipping up my suitcase.

"Yeah, we better hurry, I really don't want to miss this flight," He replied, gathering our stuff together.

"Don't worry, I'll carry them," I said, dragging four of the suitcases.

"You're pregnant, Scarlett," He replied, pulling them off me.

"Hey, do you mind if I quickly go and change? I kind of feel uncomfortable in what I am wearing."

"Sure, but be quick," he went back to the parlor to speak to Popita. I went to the bathroom and looked into the mirror. I studied myself hard.

I went from an ordinary sophomore to running away with my boyfriend, being abused by him, captured by two guys, finding out I was pregnant, and then suddenly leaving to go to Russia with one of the most important drug dealers in the world. What had my life come to?

I found some joggers and some ugg boots in my half of the bathroom and wore them. Sooner or later, I wasn't going to fit in these so I better of worn them now.

"Let's go," I stepped out the bathroom.

"Great," Nick replied, opening the door for me.

"Have you said your goodbyes to Popita?" I asked Nick and he said yes. We dashed out the door and got to the bottom floor."

"Boss," Kay stopped him. "I am gonna miss you. You've always been like a brother to me."

"You too, Kay. Remember to keep this place in order, yes?"

"Of course. Anything for you, Boss."

They gave each other the "bro" hug.

"Come on," I told Nick and he followed me. We jumped into the limo and arrived at the airport at around 9:30. We entered the airport, and there were so many people there. I had never been to an airport before, so this was new and exciting for me.

"Are you hungry?" Nick asked, knowing that I hadn't eaten since morning.

"Yeah, a bit," I took a bite of my granola bar.

"No, I mean, do you want to eat somewhere? Like MacDonalds?"

"Yeah, I don't feel like eating Caviar today," We both smiled awkwardly. It was a joke that was meant to be funny, but nothing about it was funny. I could sense Nick felt bad about what I told him but all I know is that everything I told him was true. I loved Nick, deeply, but it was still hard for me to just accept him just like that. He had to prove to me that whatever he had with Stacy was just a mistake. If he didn't, then I couldn't be with him.

Nick's phone started ringing.

"It's Rosita," He told me and walked away to a quieter place. I had the luggage and decided to take a trip somewhere where I could get some coffee. I was feeling so tired I could collapse right now. I decided I would go to Starbucks.

"Hi, can I have... the Caramel Macchiato, please?" I asked the lady and she gave the order to the other people working at the back.

"Hey, are you okay? You look a bit pale." She came out from behind the counter and came to me. I admit, I was feeling very lightheaded, almost as if someone had just knocked me unconscious...

----

I awoke, only to find myself in Nick's arms.

"What happened?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Guess," He made it pretty obvious.

"Fainted?" I asked. Then he made a "cha-ching" sound and placed me into the seat next to him.

"I got the bags checked out," He spoke. Then he looked at his Rolex watch. "We're boarding any minute now."

"Nick, I am worried about the baby," I told him, feeling my stomach. "I keep fainting... I don't know what's happening to me."

"Maybe you're just nervous. About Jackson."

"I don't know," I replied, unsure. "This has been the 3rd or 4th time this has happened."

"I know. I wish I could help you but-"

"Flights to Moscow, Russia, can you please make your way to the ticket area where you will be sent on your way to board, thank you."

We gathered up our belongings and got our "passports" checked. Luckily, they believed us and we weren't caught. We got through to board the plane and my heart suddenly started racing really fast.

I sighed loudly as we stepped onto the plane into the first class area.

Prepare yourself, Scarlett. This is gonna be a loooonnggg trip.

---

Thanks for reading Chapter 12: Boarding! The next chapter is going to be a bit shorter so I apologize in advance for that :)

My sister reads this and gives me feedback for every chapter and she told me that she enjoys the character development. But in my opinion, I think I should focus on that more so readers can understand Scarlett and Nick's relationship a bit better. And maybe Popita and Nick's relationship (said by my sister)

So yeah, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did!

What's up with all the fainting? How is Scarlett going to feel stepping into Moscow, Russia? Find out in the next chapter of:

MISS MAFIA!