27 | Oh, Baby

Nick?

No matter how hard I try, I just can't help it.

Don't fail me now, love.

You are going to be my woman tonight.

Just... stop. I don't want to hear you anymore.

We can't live in all these lies.

How many times do I have to tell you that I am sorry?

You know I love you.

It was by your bright blue eyes. Their beauty captured me.

You are a very beautiful woman.
------
"Nick?" I jumped up. I felt lightheaded as the bright sun shone into my eyes, blinding me.

"Oh, good, you're awake," a voice called. I tried to look for whoever was speaking, but my eyes couldn't adjust themselves.

"Who is this? What do you want?" I called out, searching. Then I heard the ruffling of a bag.

"You've been in a coma for a few weeks now," said the person, still ruffling the bag. I looked down at my stomach. It was flat.

"W-where is my baby?" I asked desperately. The person stayed quiet. "ANSWER ME!"

"Uhh- I'm really sorry. You were in a car crash and your baby- didn't make it."

"WHAT? NO! This can't be true I-" I sobbed loudly and didn't stop. The next few minutes were hell. I looked at the wall in agony, wishing that this tragedy wasn't true. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. I hoped Jackson was alive, so he could suffer these consequences with me, but he wasn't. Nobody knew where he was, including the police that were at the scene. I was alone- again. My mom went missing, Nick was still in a coma or somewhere, Jackson was missing, my father was dead, Rosita and Aaron had traveled back to the US, Luna had moved, and here I was, grieving over the death of my unborn child.

I seriously don't know how I got to this stage in life. From being this average 16 year old, going through her relationship stages, to being the daughter of a famous drug trafficker, being in Russia, losing a child, and living with a rapist (not currently).

The person walked closer to me. After rubbing my eyes, I saw black hair waving in the wind coming from the window, and squinting eyes. I tried to touch whoever it was, and felt perfectly sculpted oval lips. Then I smelt the cologne.

"Nick," I cried. He smiled faintly and felt my hands. "I thought you were dead."

"Well, I'm not," he sat down on the side. I still felt that awkwardness between us. Back in the US, I would have jumped to kiss him, but I just couldn't. We were siblings and I had to accept it.

"You know, being in a coma felt like a deep sleep," he smiled. "I uh- heard you in my dreams."

"Dreams?" I asked, wiping the tears off my face.

"Yeah, dreams. It's like you were apologizing and telling me how much you loved me. Where have you been, Scarlett? Where have you been these past six months?"

"Well, I've been... with Jackson." I was anxious to see his reaction. But all I saw was a neutral face. "The day you got shot, I was tied up by the Russian Roulettes and the next day, Luna took me to see you at the hospital."

"Right," he looked at the floor in disappointment. "I uh- didn't expect you to get back together with him."

"I didn't," I bit my lip. "I was forced to go with him. I didn't want to but I had no choice. I was alone."