14 | Cold

I was pushed down the aisle by a man and when I turned around to see who it was, it was the dickhead Nick. I didn't really show that I was upset about what he said to me about the child I was carrying, only because I knew he was going through a very rough time. However, that didn't stop me from ignoring his idiotic comments about me. He told me how "he noticed me getting fatter each day" and how I "wouldn't be able to fit into anything over a size 10 because I would be way bigger than that". He would tell me it was just a joke, but I didn't find it funny at all.

"If I were you, I would stop pushing me," I rolled my eyes at him and he laughed quietly.

"You think you can tell me what to do?" He chuckled whilst moving along with the crowd. Nick thought it was funny to diss a pregnant woman, but in my book, it wasn't. I didn't care how powerful Nick was anymore because I knew he wouldn't do anything to hurt me.

Well, I hope.

"I am not scared of you anymore, Nick. I suggest you shut up because as far as I can remember, you dragged me on this trip."

"Well, isn't little miss pregnant getting sassy all of a sudden," we were now heading down the stairs.

"You're gonna have to deal with it," I smirked as we were lead to the arrivals bay. Nick could now notice that I didn't care about him anymore, and I was ready to start a life of not being told what to do anymore. I finally had control.

We got our bags checked and Nick got stopped by the security. He had to be frisk searched because they found traces of cocaine in his system. He told them that he had consumed drugs before but stopped, and they believed him because they couldn't find a trace of cocaine in his luggage.

"You're lucky, we could have been stuck here," I told him, slapping his back. He rolled his eyes too and we carried on dragging our suitcases to the exit. I could already feel the cold from inside the airport and then realized the weather in Moscow was pretty cold compared to Ohio.

"Is anyone coming to pick us up?" I asked as I saw other passengers being picked up by relatives and friends.

"Nah, I know this place by heart," he replied, holding my hand. I pulled his hands away and breathed in heavily.

"Thank God," I struggled to keep up with Nick. "I thought your men were gonna cause a scene. Hey, can you slow down please?!"

"Sorry," He quietly said. He slowed down a bit, but not for my liking. But I know that right now, I couldn't complain. We jumped into a cab and as we drove down the roads, all I could see was the beautiful sights of Moscow. The buildings towered over me, and the streets were just shadows, rectangular ones. People were walking around the streets with their kids and couples holding hands. The buildings were so colorful, like the colors of a rainbow. Rivers and lakes surrounded the streets and all the fountains were so beautiful. I saw little kids throwing money into the fountains and closing their eyes, making wishes. There was just a really nice vibe about Russia, one that I would never forget. But I knew I had to enjoy it whilst it lasted.

"Sir, I am sorry, but we cannot go this far, I am afraid you are going to have to walk it from here." said the driver, who looked scared, as if this was like a death trap. This was a very derelict area. Then Nick took out a gun and pointed it at the man's head.

"Nick!" I shouted but he just ignored me. You could see the driver was shaking.

"Nickolas? Nickolas Greyson? The famous drug-trafficker?" He asked, his voice trembling.

"The one and only," Nick licked his lips. "Now, drive. Keep driving till I tell you to stop."

Then the driver's car kept stalling. Nick got angry and jumped out the car.

"Get out," Nick screamed at the driver. The man's eyes were watering and he looked pretty old. I felt so sorry for him. Nick pointed a gun at the man as the man stood with his hands in the air.

"Nick, STOP THIS! LET HIM GO!" I screamed. Nick scrunched up his face. His face really frightened me at this point. He was well known by everyone and was respected.

"Scarlett, get away," He pointed the gun at me and I took little steps back as my eyes were filled with tears. I lifted up my hands. The driver started to plead for his life.

"Please, boss! I have a wife and kids! Please, boss! Forgive me!"

"Shut up, I don't want to hear anymore! I don't deal with BULLSHIT!"

"NICK!" I yelled. I couldn't keep quiet any longer when an innocent life was on the line. "THINK OF POPITA! SHE'S PRACTICALLY A DAUGHTER TO YOU NOW! HOW DO YOU THINK SHE'LL LOOK AT YOU? AS HER FATHER OR AS A MURDERER?!"

"SHUT UP, SCARLETT!" Nick pointed the gun at him. Then I started to slowly walk towards the driver, who still had his hands up. I stood in front of the guy and Nick started to breathe heavily.

"GO ON THEN. SHOOT!" I screamed at Nick.

"MOVE AWAY, SCARLETT!" Nick ordered.

"If you wanna kill this guy, then kill me first." I shook my head and looked at Nick. "You can kill me if you want, I have nothing to live for."

Then I started to cry. I couldn't hold it in. I couldn't believe that Nick actually wanted to kill this guy.

"FINE! I'LL LET HIM GO! BUT YOU'RE GOING TO LEAVE THE CAR, YES?"

"YES, BOSS! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" The man cried. Nick pointed to his left and the man ran away. I was so glad, that the guy got to live and see his wife and children again until I heard a gunshot coming from Nick's gun. Nick had shot the man in the back.

"NICK!" Then I fell to my knees as I saw the bullet in the man's back. His eyes were still open which made everything much worse. Nick just walked away. He had nothing to say, as usual.

"I am so sorry he did this to you," I whispered to him. I tried not to touch him as that would be used as evidence. The blood coming from the man rolled across the street and I felt like this was all my fault. I could see Nick in the distance walking away. I wanted to run away, but I didn't know where to run to. I couldn't even face Nick right now. He told me that he didn't murder innocent people! That was just proof that he was a dickhead who needed fixing. And this time, I wouldn't be the one to fix him. I had given up being his little rag doll. He could shoot me in the back for all I cared. My life didn't matter anymore, therefore, I walked the other way.

--------

Well, that's it, folks! I have been enjoying writing these so much! So, yeah I decided that I am going to be uploading a chapter every week. Probably every Saturday starting from now. This chapter is an exception. Sometimes I might post an extra one when I feel like it so stay tuned.

What will Scarlett do whilst she's on her own? How do you think Nick feels after shooting that man in the back?

Find out in the next chapter of...

MISS MAFIA!