13 | Air

Quick Message before you read:

I've been very busy lately, hanging out with my friends, and with my family. So please bear with me as I release new chapters - thanks x

Enjoy this chapter x

-------

We arrived at our assigned seats and unluckily, Nick was right next to me. Watching me. 24/7. I fastened my seat belt and looked out the window.

Bye, mom. I said to myself as the plane started to lift off. Nick was like an eagle, his eyes directly on me. It felt uncomfortable at first, but I fell asleep eventually. I dreamt about the baby, and the way it would resemble Jackson. I would hate if it did because it would bring back previous memories of the suffering I went through with him.

I didn't know how to take care of a baby, how to change their diapers, feed them, etc. I was probably going to be a horrible mom in the future. I just hoped that that wasn't the case. I jumped up from my nap and looked at the time. 11:32.

"Up already?" Nick asked whilst eating Caviar. In all honesty, Caviar made me sick.

"Yeah, I didn't really get much sleep, though," I replied, dragging the blanket off of me.

"Who put this on me?" I asked, knowing that I didn't have any blanket on me when I fell asleep.

"Uh... the flight attendants," He replied, nervously. His cheeks went all red and soft as he turned away to eat his caviar. I knew he was lying, but talking about it would just make the atmosphere more awkward.

"So... how do you feel?" He asked, turning back around. I felt my stomach and felt a rumble.

"Great, right now. I am really worried about the baby. I hope it's okay."

"We'll see a doctor as soon as we land," He assured me. For some reason, "seeing a doctor" didn't sound true. I rummaged around into my bag and grabbed a piece of gum because I was hungry and needed something to chew.

"If you're hungry, have some Caviar," Nick showed the plate to me and I moved back.

"No, thanks," I pushed the plate away and shook my head.

"Well, this plane has everything so if you want something, just ask."

"I know, Nick," I replied, wondering why he was being so overprotective. The air felt really foggy for a second, due to the awkwardness spiraling around the room. Nick looked worried for some reason like he had something urgent that he needed to tell me. He looked very agitated.

"Scarlett, we need to get off this plane," He started packing his things.

"Why?" I asked, packing as well.

"I hear beeping," he replied. I got up and walked down the aisle and there was a middle-aged woman sitting in her seat with her phone beeping, whilst sleeping. I picked up the phone and showed it to Nick, and he unpacked his things. I didn't know what was up with Nick, and why he thought straight away that it was a bomb.

"Does Jackson know we're here?" I asked, trying to get an answer out of him. He sat silent.

"Yeah, I told his gang. So they would be scared." He replied, very tense.

"Why would you do that? They could try and kill us!" My heart was racing and I couldn't even think. Now all the sounds from people's devices scared the shit out of me.

"I was angry, OK? After you told me that Jackson murdered my brother, I couldn't help it."

"I understand," I tried to console him. "I know it's hard knowing your brother was murdered but if you're not careful, you might end up being murdered."

"Would you care if I died?" He asked. I started to twiddle my fingers as I tried to think of an answer. Jackson hurt me real bad, but so did I. So in a way, we were even.

"I guess," I shrugged. I tried to act like I didn't care but I couldn't help it. I cared too much. I jumped onto Nick's seat and kissed him on the cheek, then walked back to my seat. He smiled a bit, then turned to look out the window. I don't know why I did that, but I figured he needed some support right now and I was the one who had to give it to him. Then Nick looked back at me.

"Thanks, Scarlett," He grinned. "I really needed that."

But the thing is, that kiss was out of pity. I still couldn't forget what I saw with him and Stacy. The smirk on her face when I walked in, and the passion on Nick's face. I only kissed him because I felt sorry for what Jackson had done to his brother. If nothing happened to his family that day, right now, I wouldn't even be looking at him. I didn't want him to suffer more.

However, all I could think about was eating. I didn't even consume my Macchiato from Starbucks, and only ate a granola bar. A woman walked down the aisle and asked me what I want.

"Can I have... anything from the menu - except Caviar."

"Sure," she replied happily, taking down the order. "Would you like a drink?"

Then Nick interrupted. "No, she will have water because she's pregnant,"

Then I sighed.
"Thanks, Nick," I replied sarcastically as the flight attendant laughed.

"Congratulations on the both of you," she laughed. I looked down at the floor awkwardly and I peered at Nick, who was looking down as well. I smiled at the flight attendant as she went and collected my order.

"Nick, you didn't have to butt in like that," I told him. He laughed and pointed at my stomach. "I don't care, Nick. I have the right to drink whatever the hell I want."

"Do you want to be healthy for this baby?" He asked, placing his chin on his knuckles. Then I thought about it for a second. I was raising a man's baby who raped me. This child would be a product of our "love" as they all say it.

"Nick, would you be willing to help me raise this child?" I finally blurted out. Nick bit his lip and eyed me.

"Uhh, not necessarily, especially if it's that bastard's child," he replied sternly.

"What about if it was my child?" I asked, hoping he would say something a bit more positive.

"Scarlett - you know I love you. And if it was any other man's child, I would help raise it as my own. But Jackson murdered my brother- and other people in that village that I cared about. My brother was the only family I had and now he's gone. Thanks to that bastard which is this child's father. I wish I could help you, but-"

"I've heard enough, Nickolas," I replied, not fit enough to call him "Nick". He shook his head as the flight attendant came with a plate full of chicken and corn, with some peas and broccoli.

"You're pregnant, so I made sure they made something extra healthy for you," she smiled.

"Thanks," I took the plate. After a filling "breakfast" I decided to take a nap. As soon as I opened my eyes, I gazed over tall buildings and sites. The announcer started speaking.

"Please fasten your seat belts as we prepare to land in Moscow, Russia."

-----

Thanks so much for reading this chapter! Sorry I released this pretty late compared to the recent chapters- I have just been really busy. I think this chapter was a really emotional one.

So... what do you think about Nick's decision not to help raise Scarlett's child? Do you think he might change his mind?

The next chapter is going to end really intense, let me just warn you. The next few chapters will have you on the edge of your seat, I assure you. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I will soon create a time I will be releasing chapters because sometimes I slack a bit, which doesn't help any situation. So yeah, that's pretty much it!

p.s: Scarlett's hate and Nick's love for Caviar is so funny 😂

See you in the next chapter of:
MISS MAFIA!