Chapter: 4

Rahul's Perspective:

"Hey, guys, please store those materials separately in the storeroom. Please don't create a mess here," I directed, overseeing the preparations for the upcoming event.

"Wait, let me help you with that," a middle-aged man offered, attempting to lift a heavy table. I joined in, providing assistance.

Amidst the bustling activity, my phone rang. It was Priya bhabhi, my future sister-in-law. "Hi, bhabhi, how are you? Is everything set?"

Priya bhabhi responded, "Hi, Rahul, I'm fine. Everything is in order. I called to inform you that we'll be reaching the hotel by 5 pm. Are the arrangements okay from your side?"

"Absolutely, bhabhi. Don't worry; everything is fine. We are eagerly waiting for you," I assured her.

"Give my regards to everyone at home," Priya bhabhi added before ending the call.

Returning to the living room, I noticed Rohit and Tanu engrossed in a seemingly heated conversation.

"Hey, both of you okay? What happened? You both look angry. Any problem?" I inquired.

Both replied with a quick "No," and Tanya walked away.

After some time, Rohit, while working on a list, asked, "Is Tanu okay?"

Curious, I inquired, "What happened?" glancing at my checklist.

He explained, "I just complimented her looks, and she reacted as if I had offended her, throwing out fire."

"Don't worry; that's how she is. She takes time to understand people," I reassured him.

Eager to know if Rohit harbored feelings for Tanu, I questioned him.

"I like her, but I'm not sure. If I am sure, then I shall let you know," he admitted.

"How is your sister?" I added to change the topic.

"She's fine, celebrating her birthday in Mahabaleshwar. Next week, she is going to Delhi for her further studies. I will miss her," Rohit shared.

"Pray she comes back and joins us so that I don't have to miss her," he chuckled.

As we laughed together, my brother arrived home from the office. I officially introduced Rohit to him, and the evening continued with chats, discussions, and fun. Meanwhile, decorators transformed our home into a lavish space.

As we geared up for the sangeet, Priya bhabhi and her family arrived, initiating the ceremony with singing and dancing. Amidst the festivities, I noticed a cold war between Rohit and Tanu, adding a humorous touch to the evening. Despite their quarrel, I couldn't help but think they looked great together.

The night concluded with joyous singing, dancing, and an abundance of fun.

The following day marked the Mehendi ceremony, where Priya bhabhi looked like a princess. The celebration continued with more fun and laughter.

On the wedding day, my brother married his love, whom he had met five years ago—a young banker and a key customer relationship coordinator for our company. Their bond grew over frequent meetings, leading to a heartfelt union blessed by both families.

Rohit, exhausted from the festivities, went home. Alone on my balcony, I contemplated my own desires for love and companionship, imagining a beautiful girl running towards me. I hoped that someone, somewhere, was waiting for me.

Anju's Perspective:

Celebrating birthdays at the orphanage brought joy, but the impending departure saddened me. These children, my friends, had become a part of my life.

As I went to sleep, the dream from my birthday haunted my thoughts. Despite being just a dream, the memory of a hug, a kiss, and a voice lingered, making me feel something special.

The next day, bidding farewell to the kids, I returned to Mumbai. At home, Rohit greeted me with a hug, leading me to his room.

Concerned, I asked, "What happened?"

Rohit confessed, "I think I have a crush on Rahul's sister, Tanya. I call her Tanu."

Playfully, I teased, "Oh! Tanuuuuu."

Rohit playfully hit me. "Stop it. She is beautiful and amazing. I want to be with her."

Worried about his past experiences, I cautioned, "Are you sure? Your admiration seems intense. I hope you won't get hurt again. I know you; you might propose without thinking."

Rohit admitted, "You are right. I had that experience two days ago."

Intrigued, I asked, "Did you propose to her?"

"No, I didn't. I complimented her looks, and she took it wrong, shouted at me for crossing my limits, and I, as usual, couldn't control my anger and hurt her," Rohit revealed.

Advising patience, I said, "Wait for the right time. If she feels the same, she will reciprocate. Start with friendship; let her feel comfortable."

Rohit acknowledged, "Okay, I hope so. How was the trip?"

"It was amazing, except for the train journey," I replied, offering him some sweets.

Curious about the train incident, Rohit scrolled on his phone, asking, "What happened on the train? Is everything alright?"

Hesitant, I admitted, "Uh, nothing. I'm very tired. I want to sleep now. Bye, I am going."

Rohit, sensing my distress, stopped me, holding my hand. "I want to know whatever it is. Just say it. I am your elder brother and your best friend. You can trust me."

Ashamed but sensing his maturity, I gathered the courage to share what happened in the train. "When I boarded, I found a couple engaging in intimate activities on the upper berth. It was uncomfortable, so I complained to the TC. He took them away."

Rohit understood my hesitation and explained, "Anju, sometimes you need to share your concerns. If anything had happened, I, as your brother, would not have tolerated it. You know how people are, and their intentions can be malicious. It's better to share than be in danger."

"But bhai, nothing happened. Why are you saying all this to me?" I questioned.

"Because we care for you. If God forbid anything had happened, being a brother, I would not have tolerated it. Tensions can arise, and it's better to share your concerns," Rohit emphasized, expressing genuine concern.

I smiled, realizing his worries, and we hugged, wishing each other good night. In my bedroom, after a quick shower, I drifted off to sleep with a lighter heart.

"Thanks for reading, guys. From the next part, I will be starting with Anjali and Rahul's love story. Hope you will love it. Please do comment and vote for me."