Chapter: 31

Rahul's POV

The day felt incredibly dull. The college authorities had restricted us from meeting the girls, turning what should have been an enjoyable trip into something resembling a prison sentence. Rohit was aimlessly wandering, while most guys were either playing games or dozing off. I stood beside Rohit.

I remarked, "Hey Rohit, such a boring trip, ya?"

Rohit agreed, "Yeah!"

I sighed, "I shouldn't have come, dude. I can't handle this kind of boredom."

Rohit chuckled, "Hey despo, I know you want to meet Anju. That's why you're talking nonsense."

I retorted, "Shut up! I am not a despo."

Rohit continued to tease, "You are! My despo." He burst into laughter.

I protested, "Hey, shut up, yaa. It's true that I want to meet Anju now. Actually, I want to know her answer. But this boredom is killing me. But even waiting has a different sort of enjoyment. So I am not that desperate, as you think."

Rohit slyly remarked, "But still, you are a little desperate, right?"

I rolled my eyes and faced towards the door, looking outside.

Rohit persisted, "Anyways, just 2 hours more to reach our destination. And ya, I tried finding them. But by the time I reached there, the train started moving. They are in the first compartment, and we are in the last one. Our professors have planned cunningly. Not bad."

I didn't say anything. I nodded my head.

After two hours, we reached Mysore station. Collecting our bags, we started moving out of the station. The girls were nowhere to be found. We learned they had gone on another bus to a different place, and we were also staying at a different lodge. Rohit and I shared the same room, which somewhat satisfied me; otherwise, I would have gone mad.

Our trip was for two days. The first day was planned for visiting palaces and main tourist spots in Mysore. The next day, we had a workshop in a company and then a campfire in the evening.

The trip, which used to be exciting, felt unusually boring. Perhaps, it was because in previous years, I never thought about any girl. This year, however, I had found a precious girl I loved deeply.

Rohit came running inside the room, saying, "You know what? I got a message from Tanu. They are staying in a lodge near that big signal we saw while coming here."

I said, "Really?"

Rohit said, "Let's go. We will meet them."

I was excited and nervous. "Sure, superb man! I should have asked Tanu. Oh no, I forgot to charge my phone. Leave that, let's go."

Rohit asked, "But how will we go? Professors..."

I said, "Don't worry about that. Just place the pillows on our bed and cover it with the blankets."

Rohit did as I suggested.

We slowly went downstairs, entered the lodge garden, and jumped to the other side of the wall connecting the garden to the road. Luckily, the wall's height was less, and we jumped easily.

The signal was about half a kilometer away. We walked as fast as we could and reached the lodge where the girls were staying. I saw Tanu.

I asked, "Hey Tanu, are you fine?"

She replied, "Yeah, bhai."

I asked, "Where is Anju?"

She replied, "She is sleeping."

I said, "I thought she might be awake, waiting for me."

Tanu remarked, "Bhai, if she felt something of that sort, she would have been desperate to meet you, like I am desperate to meet Rohit. She is not meant for you."

Ignoring Tanu, who was talking rubbish, Rohit came from behind, met Tanu, and hugged her.

I felt sad that I could not meet Anju. I waited for half an hour so that Rohit and Tanu could spend time with each other. I kept kicking tiny stones by the side of the road. Later, he came, and we went to our lodge.

Next Day

We visited different places in Mysore. I tried finding Anjali as all our classmates had gathered together. But Anjali was nowhere to be found. I couldn't concentrate on anything but Anjali. I hoped that I could find her. Whenever I asked Tanu about her, she said she must be somewhere nearby. But even after roaming here and there, I couldn't find her.

In the evening, I asked Rohit about her. He said that he met her; she was roaming with Mannat.

It was disheartening that everyone met her, but I could not. I couldn't sleep that night. I decided that I would find her the next day.

Next day

Today, we had a workshop in an IT company. My main interest was to learn about management, but I was unable to concentrate as I hadn't slept due to being unable to meet Anjali. Nevertheless, I had to learn for my family business.

I managed to understand the workshop and noted down the points in the supplements we received at the start. We were separated by batches, so it was evident that I would not be able to meet Anjali.

My last hope was the campfire. I hoped that I would meet her there.

The day was long; we attended different workshops and learned various concepts of management.

Anjali, where are you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am back with the new update. I know I have come back after two months.. Was very busy with something personal..

I hope you liked this chapter..

Please share, vote and comment..

Love you all.. Bye.. Will try to update the chapters as soon as possible..