Chapter: 48

Rahul's POV

I continued listening, my emotions swirling as Mirza revealed the layers of truth. The girl I never wanted to meet again, the one I was so angry with for what I thought was betrayal, turned out to be a kind and sweet person—possibly the sweetest I had ever known.

I asked, "Yeah, Bhai and bhabii had been there for some meeting."

Mirza said, "Yeah, Raichand's were in a great fix at that point. They wanted to get the deal, and they knew that your company was eligible to get it. In order to secure the deal, they planned to kill your brother and bhabhi. That's why Miraj was seen there. But coincidentally, Anjali was also in the same area, and fortunately, she met your family; otherwise, today, your family wouldn't have been alive."

I said, "Yeah, that is true."

Mirza continued, "This is not the end."

I asked, "What do you mean? You mean there is more you want to say?"

Mirza nodded and said, "At that point in time, you were arrested for harassing a lady, right?"

I said, "Yeah, Tina saved me."

He said, "It was part of their plan."

I asked, "You mean Tina was doing that for Miraj?"

He said, "Yes, as far as I understood, it was to make you stay away from the truth. I mean, I guess they did this so that they could clear the evidence if any. Yes, that is why we never came to know that the couple with Anjali were your bhai and bhabhi. That day documents got replaced."

I said, "Yeah, that might be right. I was so tense, and I did not understand what was happening around me. But how come Miraj did not ever come to know that Anjali was in the college?"

He said, "Balli helped her. And even she changed her getup."

I said with a smile on my face, "I thought so. She was crazy, but I had a feeling that she was hiding something."

He smiled, thinking about her.

He continued, "After some days, we decided to have a sting operation on Miraj. As my background was drama, theatre, and all, and also my dad was a commissioner then, I was appointed for this job. And I became part of his group, and for that, I started wearing this black hoodie jacket."

I said, "Yeah, I have seen you several times with Anjali."

He said, "I know that all the problems began during the Mysore trip."

I said, "Yeah, she rejected me during that trip." I sighed.

Then something clicked in my mind.

I continued, "Wait. If Anjali was not dating you, then why did she reject me? I knew that she loved me."

He replied, "It was due to Tanya."

I was shocked to learn that my sister Tanu did something to break up between us.

He continued, "In the train, they had a spat. Tanya insulted her on her looks and also accused her of being at risk all the time. Anju couldn't deny, and she accepted her demand."

I felt like my legs were weakening because I was not able to digest that my sister said so much to hurt her and resulted in our breakup. Also, I accused her of betraying me. I felt like crying.

He said, "It is not her fault as well. She was under the influence of Tina. Tina was brainwashing her. She couldn't understand what was going on. Now Tanya has realized her mistake."

I said, "What is the use? Yeah, I remember. That is the reason Rohit slapped her. Oh my god. Why didn't I understand that? I lost my best friend and my love. Will they forgive me?" I cried.

He patted my back and hugged me.

He said, "Why not? They know all the truth. They will forgive you. As far as I know them, they are the best people in my life as well."

I said, "Yeah, you are right." I smiled.

I continued, "What about Tina? Why was she doing all this? I know she liked me."

He said, "Tina was always part of Miraj's group. She never liked you. Everything was a drama. That harassment in Mysore, pretending to love you—I mean everything. But when the case started in court, she vanished."

I said, "Yeah, she went to the US at that point due to some family emergency but never came back or ever contacted me."

He said, "Right."

I said, "I am still shocked. I am not able to believe that so much happened. And Anjali, she always smiled even during tough times. She is such a strong girl. I don't know what will be our future, whether she will like me or not, but definitely I want my bestiee back. If not as love, but definitely as a friend. I want Rohit and Anjali back in my life. Without them, I am not me."

He smiled and said, "Everything will be alright. Now let us go home. Mannat might be waiting for me. She will be angry if I am late."

I smiled and said, "Okay, I will drop you."

I dropped him home and was about to go home. I received a message from bhai to pick up Anjali and Tanu from a jewelry shop. I went to pick them up with hope that Anjali forgives me.

After reaching home, I narrated the whole incidence in front of the family, in the presence of Rohit and Anjali. All our differences were solved, and I was happy again to reunite with my besties. But the only worry was whether Anjali would accept me to marry her or reject me again.

But this time, I will wait to gain her confidence. I will wait so that she trusts me. I will wait to be part of her life again.

I love you, Anjali, sincerely, crazily, madly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hii.. frnds.. back with a new chapter..

Hope you like it..

Bye.. Tc..