Chapter: 54

After a month...

Rahul's POV

I was on my way to Mahabaleshwar to meet the kids at Snehalaya. I was so excited, but I was missing Anjali. I didn't know where she was. I tried to call her, but she didn't turn up at the office after that meeting. No one knows what is up with her.

Once Rohit mentioned that she goes somewhere in the morning and comes back home late at night. On inquiring, she said she has some important official work. For the past week, I haven't been able to talk to Rohit as well, as he is too engrossed in the gaming software business. I hope I could have had some time with her.

Rohit was always interested in the IT field, but he pursued an MBA just to manage his dad's business. I can understand why he is so much into this gaming software business.

After some time, my phone began to buzz. I parked my car to the side of the road, checked the phone, and saw it was Mirza.

I said, "Hey, how are you, man? It's been a long time since we met."

He replied, "Yeah, dude. I was a little busy with some important cases. How about you?"

I said, "I'm fine. And how is Mannat and your parents?"

He replied, "They are fine. I called you to talk about Tina."

I said, "Yeah, tell me."

He said, "After your call, I couldn't do anything about her as my forces were busy with other cases. So right now, I have sent some people to find out about her. As soon as I get any information, I will pass it on to you."

I said, "Fine. I will wait for your call."

The call ended.

At least, this was a precaution to be taken before Tina does anything. I have to take care.

I drove to Mahabaleshwar. After a few hours, I reached there. I was so happy to see some changes. Snehalaya was decorated with balloons and colorful ribbons. I guessed that it was someone's birthday. Then I remembered Anjali's birthday was the next day. I quickly messaged her advance wishes.

I saw Disha playing with a ball. She saw me and came excitedly running towards me and hugged me.

Disha said, "Bhaii, you know it is our birthday tomorrow. Di has also come. See how beautifully she has decorated our house."

I replied, "Oh really, that is so nice. We will have a party, okay? It will be fun."

Disha pulled me towards Snehalaya. I saw a girl talking to the in-charge of Snehalaya.

I asked Disha, "Who is that girl? I have never seen her here."

She replied, "She is our Di, the owner of our house."

I said, "Okay."

The girl turned towards her right, giving me a clear picture of how she looked. I was stunned by her presence. She was none other than Anjali.

I felt a lump in my throat. I felt a pride for the cause she is supporting, taking care of these beautiful children from a young age. I remembered Rohit had told me that she goes to Mahabaleshwar on her birthdays. Now I know the reason why she comes here. A tear fell from my eyes.

Disha asked, "Why are you crying, bhaii?"

I said, "Nothing. Can you do me a favor?"

She said excitedly, "Yes."

I said, "Tell your Di that I want to marry her."

She said, "Okay." She ran inside.

I stood beside the window to hear the conversation.

Disha to Anjali, "Di, you know bhaii has come, and you know he wants to marry you."

Anjali chuckled, "Is it? How can I marry your bhaii? I have never seen him, and even if I see him, I don't want to marry him or anyone."

Anjali went from there.

Disha came and told me everything. I felt a weirdness in her conversation.

I told Disha to inform her that I am standing at Sunset Point to propose to her and to ask her to come there.

I went to Sunset Point. I waited there for half an hour, and then a voice called me.

She said, "Who are you? Why are you making that child ask such nonsense things?"

I said, "I love you."

Anjali replied, "See, you are crossing your limits. I don't know you, nor you know me. Just get lost from here."

She started to go.

I turned around and bent on my knee and said, "Hey, I love you, and I want to marry you and spend my whole life with you."

Anjali turned around and saw me. Her eyes were filled with tears. She hugged me tightly, and I hugged her back with the same tightness.

She murmured, "I never knew that their bhaii was you."

I replied, "And I never knew that you are her Di."

I kissed her cheeks.

I said, "I love you so much, Anjali. I want to marry you. And I can't wait anymore."

She broke our hug, pushed me, and shouted, "I hate you. I never loved you. I don't want to marry you. I don't trust you anymore. I know you just want my body, to kiss me, eat me. I am a human, and I have some respect. Get lost from here. I don't want to see your face."

I asked with a shocked expression on my face, "What are you saying? What happened to you suddenly?"

She said, "I said I don't want to see you again."

She went.

I felt insulted and disgusted. I went to my hotel room and cried, not knowing what to do. It was painful. I slept there, thinking about what happened between me and Anjali.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey frnds.. I hope you liked the chapter..

Bye.. Tc..