Chapter: 47

Rahul's POV

I was in a state of shock...

He looked at me with anger, leaving me at a loss for words. He was right; I was a dumb maniac. I hadn't tried to understand what was happening around me, and I couldn't comprehend Anjali's situation. She was my best friend, yet I failed to grasp the complexities of our relationship. I felt so low and angry at myself for being so oblivious.

Mirza stood up to leave, and I suddenly realized I couldn't waste any more time. I needed to know the real truth. I should ask him; after all, he was her best friend.

I urgently requested, "Mirza, can you please stop for a while?"

He replied with anger, "For what, Mr. Rahul? After knowing what you thought about her, do you think I should be waiting and spending time with you?"

Trying to convince him, I said, "I fully agree with what you are saying, but please stop. I want to know what exactly happened."

He responded, "It is none of my business to let you know, and it is not your business to learn about it. After all, what a great friend you are. Bravo! If you want to know anything, you can try at your own risk."

A lump formed in my throat as I felt low, not knowing exactly how to convince him. His words had slapped me hard.

He continued, "I have some work. I have to go. And do send me the details of that client."

As he started to leave, I ran behind him, stopping him by standing in front.

I pleaded, "Please, I love her. I want to know."

He said, "Did you realize it now?"

I replied, "It is not about realization. I know that I love her. But I agree that it is my fault that I did not ever try to understand or ask her what the problem was. I still love her. Please forgive me. I want to make everything right. I know I can't get back the old days, but I would really like to build a happening future."

He looked at me with an expression as if he wasn't convinced.

I continued, "You know me, right? Has anyone said that I am a bad person or not worth friendship? See, Anjali is more than a friend to me, and loving her is secondary. She is the only person who helped me overcome my depression when my brother was not there with me, when I had lost them. I truly want to be with her. If not as a lover, at least as a friend. Please tell me what was the problem at that point in time."

Mirza closed his eyes, resting his hands on his waist, thinking.

He said, "Fine. Drop me at my office. I have a half-hour work, and then we can talk about it."

I said, "Okay, cool. Thank you so much. That means a lot."

He said, "Cool. Now let us go."

I said, "Sure."

I drove him to his office, waiting until he completed his work. Then I drove him to Marine Drive, and until then, we did not speak to each other.

We reached there and started walking.

I asked him with curiosity, "Now tell me."

He asked, "What do you know about Anjali?"

I said, "She is a sweet girl with a kind heart. Always ready to help people in need."

He said, "True, that is the only reason due to which she is a lonely girl."

I was shocked to know that she was lonely. I felt that it was because of me. I didn't know what to say.

He continued, "When we were in school, she usually fought with everyone. We thought that she was a maniac, but after some days, we understood that she was helping some children who were getting bullied by senior students. I felt like helping her, and I did help her. From that day, we became best buddies. But she missed Rohit a lot, so she asked me to become his brother so that she doesn't feel that Rohit is not with her. And then we called each other brother and sister."

I smiled thinking about her.

He continued, "Do you know who saved your brother and bhabhi?"

I said, "Yes, bhai had told me."

He asked, "Who?"

I replied, "She was a girl who is now my bhai's business consultant."

He asked, "And do you know who she is?"

I replied, "No, I have never met her."

He said, "Okay."

I did not know why he was asking about that girl who saved my family, but I felt he was just asking me about it.

He said, "Anjali had been to Delhi for studies."

I said, "I know that Rohit once told that she was going there for studies. It was the time bhai and bhabhi got married."

He said, "Okay. One day there was an industrial visit to Gurgaon. Anjali also went there."

I did not understand why he was telling me about this trip, or what was the point in discussing it. Still, I calmly waited for him to say further.

He continued, "Due to some reasons, she missed her bus while coming back. She waited for a public bus at a nearby bus stop. There, drunk Miraj and his henchmen harassed her."

I asked, "How did he go there?"

He continued, "I will let you know. She ran for her safety. After running for a few distances, she met a couple who were going somewhere. She approached them for help, and they helped her. But after some time, Miraj and his henchmen created an accident-like situation, due to which the couple suffered major injuries, and Anjali had a slight injury."

I exclaimed, "Oh my god."

He said, "That couple was none other than your bhai and bhabhi."

Tears welled up in my eyes. The feeling of losing bhai and bhabhi was a heart-clenching pain I had suffered. So it was Anjali who saved my bhai and bhabhi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hii.. frnds.. I hope you liked the chapter..

Do vote, comment and share..

Bye.. take care..