Chapter: 36

Rohit's POV

As Anjali's words echoed in my mind, I felt a deep sense of sorrow. The person I loved the most had inadvertently hurt my sister and my best friend. The pain cut through my heart like a sharp knife, and it was unbearable.

Expressing my disbelief, I said, "I can't believe Tanu would do something like this. She might be spontaneous, but hurting you in the name of traditions, dignity, and risks is beyond comprehension. Now I understand why she behaved strangely whenever I discussed you. She was never interested, or she behaved as if she were jealous."

Anjali cried, and Mannat hugged her in a comforting gesture. Anger welled up within me as I spoke my mind.

"I didn't imagine Tanu was so rude," Mannat exclaimed.

Mirza added, "I am so sorry, Anjali. Tanu should not have done this. But we can talk to her and Rahul. There has to be some solution."

I chimed in, "Anjali, we have to discuss this with Rahul; otherwise, Tina..."

Anjali inquired, "What, bhaii?"

I explained, "Tina wants Rahul in her life, and Rahul has agreed to think about her."

Anjali began crying again.

After some time, she uttered, "Bhaii, let him do what he wants. Maybe Rahul is not meant for me. Maybe Rahul is not destined for me."

Mizu interrupted with a firm, "Stop."

I asked, "What happened, Mizu?"

Mizu exclaimed, "Something is fishy, Rohit."

I probed, "What?"

Mizu explained, "Anjali, you said that people from Miraj's group harassed her, right?"

Anjali confirmed, "Yes."

Mizu continued, "If that were the case, they would have celebrated this victory of harassing Tina and Rohit because they are rivals. But as per my knowledge, no celebrations have happened yet."

I questioned, "What do you mean?"

Mizu clarified, "Miraj's group always celebrates when they have gained something or successfully executed a plan. If they harassed Tina and haven't celebrated, then they have not completed their plan entirely."

I pondered, "Are you sure?"

Mizu assured, "Yes, there is something going on that we need to find out."

I agreed, "Okay, you find out. But be careful."

Mizu assured, "Yes, anyways, there are some meetings on Sunday. I have planned a sting operation. I hope I will get an answer."

I said, "Okay. Meanwhile, I need to talk to Tanu."

Anjali tried to stop me, but I was adamant about talking to Tanu and resolving the situation as soon as possible. These problems were escalating, and a solution needed to be found.

After two days, seeing Anjali suffer so much, I couldn't stand idly by. I had to talk to Tanu today.

I waited for Tanu near the basketball court, despite most students avoiding college during study leave. However, I had purposely called Tanu to discuss the unfolding events. Tanu arrived after some time.

She greeted, "Hi, Rohit. How are you?"

I replied, "I am fine," and hugged her.

Tanu said, "I missed you so much. That day, you ran away."

I responded, "I had some work, Tanu."

Tanu smiled, "Yeah, I know."

I said, "I have to ask you something."

Tanu sat beside me, saying, "Sure, go ahead."

I inquired, "What is going on between you and Anjali?"

Tanu's expression turned sour.

Tanu replied angrily, "Nothing."

I pressed on, "I know what is going on. Why do you have a problem if Rahul and Anjali are in a relationship?"

Tanu replied, "I have mentioned my problem to your sister. Didn't she tell you?"

I tried explaining, "Tanu, I know that, but it's Rahul's choice. Why are you creating a rift between them? Rahul likes her the way she is. You can't force someone to stop loving. Have you ever thought, what if Rahul says the same to me, to not love you?"

Tanu retorted, "Look, Rohit, I will come straight to the point. I don't like her. I think she is acting. She is not real. She doesn't have any goal towards her life. She wants to be on top. I don't like these types of girls. My family won't accept it. Even I won't accept her. She risks her life for no reason. You are always tense for her. Why? Anyway, she is not your real sister, right? What if we get married? When we have our life, are you going to get tense about her? And I will be tense because she will be my brother's wife. No way."

I said, "Yeah, right. I get tense for her because she is my only sister. Even Rahul gets tense for you. That is not a big deal. Tanu, you are on the wrong track. This will affect many lives."

Tanu asked, "Are you going to leave me for that bitch?"

I said, "Tanu, mind your words. I didn't mean anything like that."

Tanu asked, "Then what did you mean? And why should I mind my words? She couldn't get what she wanted, that's why that bitch has sent you to create more issues... Woah!"

My anger crossed all boundaries, and I slapped her. Tanu and I were extremely shocked by what had happened a moment ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hii.. frnds.. Hope you liked the chapter...

Your comments will mean a lot to me.. Please let me know what you think..

Please do comment, vote and share..

Bye.. Will be back with the new chapter soon...