Chapter: 28

Next Day

Anju's POV

Lectures were long, and I found myself missing Rahul. Finally, I had decided to let him know my feelings for him. I was very excited and nervous, my heart racing fast. I could feel the heat inside me, waiting for the lectures to end so I could meet him, hug him, and whisper in his ears that I was in love with him. The wait was becoming unbearable. Professors came one by one, speaking about things beyond my understanding. It was not that I couldn't understand, but Rahul occupied my mind to the fullest. I was waiting for the lectures to get over.

After what felt like an eternity, the bell rang, and the lectures ended. I rushed downstairs to the place where our group usually met, but to my disappointment, no one was there. I sat on the bench, thinking they might be coming late. After half an hour, I saw Rohit coming.

I asked, "Hey, why are you so late? I was waiting for you all."

Rohit said, "The lectures were long."

I said, "Okay. Where is Rahul?"

Rohit said, "Rahul went for his Dad's office work. He'll be back after two days. I got a message from him in the morning."

I said, "What? No way! How will I let him know my feelings for him?"

Rohit said, "Don't worry. He will reach Mysore day after tomorrow and will join us. By that time, we will also reach there."

I was sad and said, "Okay."

He hugged me, and I went home directly. I was upset and didn't want to wait in college. Tanu was also absent, and I felt bored. Rohit stayed in college.

At home, I spent my day thinking about him, desperately waiting for the day we would meet in Mysore. I missed him badly.

Rahul's POV

I went to Mahabaleshwar after collecting the file from the office. I went straight to one of the plush hotels where the client was staying. We had a meeting regarding the deal, and later, he signed the file. He invited me to his daughter's birthday party in the same hotel.

But I wanted to go home directly. For the sake of the deal, I stayed there and decided to go back the next day.

In the evening, the hall was decorated with balloons, ribbons, and articles. It looked beautiful, and it seemed that our client had immense love for his 10-year-old daughter. I had bought a bunch of interesting storybooks as a gift for her from a nearby bookstore. I didn't know whether the child would like it or not. I gave her the gift, and she opened it, hugging me and planting a kiss on my cheek. She loved the gift, and I was happy that she enjoyed the birthday party. I missed Anjali the most there. Even she was a bubbly person like the small kid.

I thought of going out for a walk and went out. I walked along the side of a road for half an hour, and suddenly, I saw a girl trying to get transport. She seemed afraid.

I went to her, and she started to move away.

I said, "Hey dear, don't worry. I'll help you get a Rickshaw."

But she was in no mood to listen. I stopped a Rickshaw for her and asked her to go in.

She sat and went. I smiled, understanding that she was afraid of strangers. I walked ahead, and after some time, I reached an isolated place. I thought I was lost. I saw here and there, and I took my phone to call the hotel people for help. But no one answered. I thought they might be busy with the ongoing party.

Later, I saw the same girl near a bungalow. I waved at her, and she smiled back. She came out with a lady to meet me.

The lady said, "Hello. I am the in-charge of this orphanage. I am so grateful and thankful for you showing your gratitude towards this child."

I said, "Oh, it's okay. I thought it's a normal bungalow. I mean, it looks like that. Anyway, I am happy that I could help this child."

The lady invited me inside to stay as it was late at night, and reaching back to the hotel was next to impossible. There were around 30 girls staying there. The bungalow was painted beautifully and didn't look like an orphanage at all. It was really a nice place.

A small girl came to me and said, "Hello."

I asked, "In which standard do you study?"

She said, "2nd."

I asked, "What's your name?"

She said, "Disha."

I said, "It's a cute name. Who gave you this name?"

She said, "My Di. She says that I am the person who will show directions to the people."

I said, "That's nice. And who painted these beautiful paintings?"

She said, "My Di. She is a great painter."

I said, "Your Di is really very talented. Can I meet your Di?"

Her face turned upset, and she said, "She is not here. She will come on our birthday. We miss her a lot, but she always sends us beautiful gifts. And she calls us once a week."

I said, "That's nice."

I thought, her Di was superb, the most talented person.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hii.. frnds..

Hope you liked the chapter..

Did you notice that there is a new character with suspense.. Can you tell me who is it..?

I can give you a small hint.. I have already discussed about her in one of the chapters..

Do reply your comments..

Do vote and share..

Will try to upload new chapter by tomorrow..

Bye.. Tc