Chapter: 41

Anju's POV

I greeted the man standing before me with a warm hug, "How are you?" The man reciprocated the hug with equal affection.

He replied, "We missed you a lot, Anjali. I was searching for you, but I couldn't get any clue about who you were."

I confessed, "I was in a mess with the case and things. I had to stay safe for my parents. They were worrying about me. I'm sorry I didn't try to inform you about all these things."

The man shared, "The trauma was something I can't explain. We suffered a lot. My family and I went through all sorts of pains during that time."

I expressed, "At least I am happy that you are safe and fine after what happened. I really missed you a lot."

He responded, "Yeah, I am so happy that I met you again. Without you, we are nothing, girl. May God bless you with lots of love and success. You have a beautiful heart, a heart that holds love for many people. A heart that embodies humanity."

A lady commented from behind, "A heart that has love for many people. A heart that resides humanity."

I turned back to see a pregnant lady. I was overjoyed to see her and hugged her gently, taking care to protect her belly.

I exclaimed, "I'm so happy to see you both! Didi, how are you? You're pregnant! I don't have words to express how happy I am feeling."

The man and lady were none other than the people who met with an accident with me, who were hospitalized for more than 9 months, and who were now living a peaceful and happy family life, expecting their first child. I could see how happy they were. That man was taking care of his pregnant wife, making her seated on an adjacent chair carefully. I smiled with tears in my eyes.

The lady shared, "Yes, we united with our family. I am 6 months pregnant now. Three months more, and you will become an aunt, Anjali."

I exclaimed, "I will be an aunt! I am so happy. I am sorry."

The man inquired, "What happened? Why are you sorry?"

I admitted, "I never asked you both your names."

The man chuckled and said, "Hello, Ms. Anjali Rathod. I am Mr. Raj Malhotra, and she is my wife, Mrs. Priya Raj Malhotra."

I replied, "Oh, so you are Raj and Priya. Nice names. I am finally happy that I met you."

Raj remarked, "So, let us talk business."

I agreed, "Yes, sure."

Raj handed me a file of property papers. After reading it for a few minutes, I asked, "But this property?"

Raj explained, "I purchased this property from its owner, but I didn't know that many people are living on that property. That owner cheated me. Right now, I can't start with the construction project unless and until they move away from that land. I don't know what to do."

I inquired, "Did you discuss this with the locals over there?"

Raj replied, "Yes, they are not ready to move out. I can't harass them first of all."

I suggested, "There is one solution."

Raj asked, "What?"

I suggested, "Either you pay a lump sum amount to them, or tell them you will provide a better home for them."

Raj pondered, "But from where will I get this amount of money for these many people? And I need to invest in the construction business as well."

I stated, "There is no option. They must have lived there for many years as they had no option anywhere else. I heard that the previous owner was fed up with these locals, so he must have thought to sell this property to get rid of these problems."

Raj admitted, "Even if I construct a building over here, it is of no use."

I asked, "What is the problem?"

Raj explained, "This building is for high-profile people with tremendous luxuries. If I build a building for them over here, it is of no use. You understand, right?"

I agreed, "Yes." After some thinking, I suggested, "Do you have any other land in this city?"

Raj shared, "Yes, near our clothing factory."

I proposed, "That is perfect. Shift them from this place to near your clothing factory. Build a temporary shed over there. Once you complete your construction work over here, you can buy another land and build flats for them. This will be a huge publicity for your business as well. How about that? I am sure the locals will not deny this offer."

Raj appreciated, "That is something a good idea. I will surely execute it. Thanks, buddy. You made me free of problems."

I said, "I hope this idea works."

I hugged them and bid adieu. Raj asked me to come to his office in Pune to settle this matter and for further discussions, as it was not that easy to make the locals understand the situation.

I was so happy. After all, I met my saviors after a span of years. I thought of telling Bhaii about it.

I reached home in the evening, but Bhaii hadn't arrived. I left a voicemail for my brother to come home immediately. He was too busy in the office.

I went and stood near the balcony, taking care of my plants. I was thinking about Raj and Priya. They were truly a happy couple, looking so perfect together. That moment, I felt as if I was with Rahul in the same manner. It pinched my heart.

Rahul, I miss you so much. I hope they were you and me instead of Raj and Priya. Raj and Priya... I have heard these names.

After thinking for a while, I realized...

Are they Rahul's brother and bhabhi?

I felt numb for a moment.

Oh no, I need to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hii.. frnds.. i am back.. i am sorry that i am not able to upload the chapters as i am super bz.. Anyways i will try to write the chapters as early as possible.. soo sorry to keep you wait..

Hope you liked the chapter..

Do comment, vote and share..

Tc. Bye