Chapter: 32

Rahul's POV

After the workshop, we returned to the lodge to change for the campfire. One of our lady professors had set a theme, and we were instructed to wear a red shirt and black pants. Following the theme, we got ready. My anticipation to meet Anjali was mixed with excitement and nervousness. I wanted to share the news that my parents supported our love, and there were so many things I wished to discuss with her.

Rohit left early to meet Tanu, and I was left pondering my luck to have Anjali in my life. Feeling blessed, happy, and on the edge of excitement, I headed to the lodge where the campfire was arranged.

Upon arrival, I joined my friends in the festivities. They were dancing, singing, and thoroughly enjoying themselves. It was a fantastic sight, but my eyes were on the lookout for Anjali. I chose a quieter spot to sit, away from the crowd, and kept an eye out for her.

Rohit and Tanu were dancing joyously, other friends were relishing different cuisines, and I eagerly awaited the presence of my love. After a while, I spotted her. Anjali was wearing her usual attire—a loose red T-shirt and loose black jeans—with big black glasses and a black cap, her hair neatly tucked inside.

She was strolling with a guy donned in a black hoodie, and I couldn't see his face. The memory of the Valentine's Day party flashed in my mind, where she had met a guy wearing a similar black hoodie. She seemed to be enjoying their conversation, and a pang of jealousy surged within me. I wanted to approach and confront him but held back, considering Anjali's feelings. My hands were sweaty, not out of fear, but out of concern for her emotions. What would she think if I resorted to violence? I restrained myself, feeling helpless and discontent. She didn't even notice me.

After a while, they started walking, and I followed them. The guy left after hugging her, and I approached Anjali with a mix of anger and restraint.

"Hii, Anjali," I called out.

She turned, "Oh! Hii."

"How are you?" I asked.

"I am fine. What happened to me?" she chuckled and continued walking.

"Anjali, please stop. I want to ask you something," I pleaded.

She raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"About us," I said.

"What about us?" she inquired.

"Anjali, I had proposed to you. You didn't reply yet. I was searching for you since the day before yesterday. I wanted to talk to you. Everyone else met you yesterday, but I couldn't. Are you hiding from me?" I questioned.

"Hello, what are you saying? Why should I hide? I came to this beautiful place, so I was just hanging around with friends. And about your proposal, I just want to say that..." Anjali started.

Feeling nervous, I hoped for an affirmative response. She continued, "It won't work out. Love and all are not part of me. I can't do that. Look at me; I am not love material. You are my best friend. Can't we be like that? I think you should ask someone else who really suits you. I am not of your type."

In anger, I retorted, "Oh really? And who is better for me?"

"Tina, or I guess a person like Tanu... I mean not your sister, but someone who is like her," she suggested.

Feeling a mix of anger and sadness, I replied, "Thanks for telling me what you feel. At least everything is clear now."

Anjali remarked, "Yeah. Anyways, best of luck. No hard feelings, right?"

I said, "No."

As I turned to leave, I heard a girl crying. Anjali and I looked at each other in panic and rushed to the spot—an isolated area. We found Tina crying, and a few guys were seen running away. It appeared they had harassed her and engaged in inappropriate behavior.

I asked Tina, "Do you know them?"

She replied, "They were from Miraj's group."

Fuming with anger, I declared, "Those bastards, I will kill them." I punched a nearby wall, the anger amplified by the fact that Anjali had just rejected me, and Tina was suffering because of Miraj.

Anjali said, "Hey Rahul, your hand is bleeding." She took out a handkerchief and tied it around my knuckles.

She continued, "Rahul, getting angry is not the solution. We need to inform our professors about this. She needs care and support."

Anjali was right, but my anger blinded me.

"I know what needs to be done. You don't need to explain," I said, tossing her handkerchief away. I carried Tina back to the lodge, with Anjali following me. We informed the authorities about the incident, and our campfire had to be stopped due to the unforeseen circumstances. We were instructed to return to our respective lodges, pack our bags, and catch the train the next morning to go back home.

I didn't say anything to Rohit, keeping the details hidden from him. I packed my bags, and the next day, we boarded the train back home. We reached home late at night.

Sitting on a chair near my study table, I took out the bracelet and cried the entire night. I was hurt by Anjali's actions. Why did she do this? I hated her. She could have told me earlier instead of making me wait for so long.

Why did you do this, Anjali? I hate you. You met that guy just to make me jealous, to make me think that you were with him. Was our kiss a fake thing? Did you kiss me without any feelings? I won't forgive you. You have hurt me deeply. I liked you even when you weren't suitable for anyone, and it was so easy for you to break my heart. I hate you so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey.. friends.. I know it is sad.. But do share your comments about the chapter..

Please do share, vote and comment..

Bye..