Chapter: 43

Same day in the evening...

Anju's POV

I sat near the balcony on a recliner, contemplating Raj and Priya—the day we met and the accident that followed. Lost in thought, I felt an emptiness, a void that once held everything dear to me. A lump formed in my throat, and tears cascaded down my cheeks as I gazed towards the sky. The doorbell interrupted my reverie.

Quickly wiping my face, I opened the door, only to find Tanu standing before me. Without a word, she rushed towards me, embracing me tightly.

"I am so sorry, Anju, for whatever I did," she uttered, her voice sincere.

Consoled, I said, "Tanu, it is okay. Come, sit."

Rohit and Mirza entered behind her, leaving me bewildered about the unfolding scenario.

Seeking clarification, I inquired, "Rohit, what is going on? Tanu, when did you meet her?"

Rohit calmly stated, "Anju, I am getting engaged to her next week."

Shocked, I exclaimed, "What? Why didn't you inform me? I am your sister, Rohit. You should have told me."

Mirza chuckled and interjected, "Hey, stop this melodrama, Anju. It is your fault. You didn't want to know anything happening around you. You didn't come to my marriage. All this happened, but you didn't want to know anything."

Frustrated, I responded, "Fine, but this is something so important. I mean, about the marriage. That should be at least informed to me."

Mirza said, "So they have come to inform you."

Tanu apologized, "I am sorry, Anjali. It is my fault."

Feeling confused, I asked, "Can anyone of you tell me what is happening?"

Mirza took the lead, "Fine, I will start. You remember I told you about the recording, about Miraj and his father?"

I nodded, "Yes, so?"

Mirza continued, "What I told you was only half of the recording."

Surprised, I questioned, "So you want to say that there was much more to that?"

Mirza explained, "Yeah, after their discussion, someone else came, around 30 minutes later—a female voice."

Baffled, I asked, "Who was she?"

Mirza dropped the bombshell, "Tina."

Shocked, I questioned, "What? How is she there?"

Mirza clarified, "Anju, they discussed Rahul, Tanu, Rohit, and you. They had planned to spoil your friendship. Miraj and Tina were in a mood for revenge. Tina had influenced Tanu against you, purposely making her believe that you were more popular than her, and Rahul and Rohit liked you a lot more than her. That made her feel jealous of you."

Tanu added, "I am sorry, Anjali. I didn't use my brain; she was making me feel negative about you. I hated her the most, and eventually, I believed her."

Rohit confessed, "It was not your mistake, Tanu. It was me and Rahul who were mostly spending time with Anju."

Tanu said, "I can understand, Rohit. I know that you were taking care of her from Miraj, and my bhaii was in love with her. It is my fault."

Trying to lighten the mood, I said, "It is okay. I am happy that my best buddy is back."

I smiled and hugged her. Mirza intervened again, "There is something more, Anju."

Curious, I asked, "What?"

Mirza revealed, "You remember some people harassed Tina at Mysore?"

Recalling the incident, I nodded, "Yes."

Mirza disclosed, "That was part of their plan. I had a doubt about it. The guys were Miraj's henchmen, and they enacted as if they were trying to rape her. Then you and Rahul believed that it was true. They were playing with everyone's feelings. She wanted Rahul, and for that, she created a rift so that everyone breaks up, and eventually, she will get Rahul."

I gasped, "Oh my god!"

Tanu added, "But Tina was wrong. Bhaii became busy with office life and ignored her. Now Tina is in the US, but I don't know whether she is in touch with bhaii or not."

I reassured Tanu, "It is okay. Even if she wants Rahul, she can be with him. I have accepted the fact that Rahul was never meant for me."

Tears welled up in my eyes, but I managed to control them. Continuing, I said, "I will bring coffee for everyone."

Heading towards the kitchen, everyone followed me. They knew I was hurt, missing Rahul badly. I was an unfortunate girl who couldn't even share her feelings with her love. I couldn't date Rahul, spend time with him—I was so unlucky.

Tanu tried to console me, saying, "You're lucky, Anjali."

I thought she read my mind and asked, "What?"

Tanu clarified, "I mean, I didn't know that you are a beautiful girl. When Rohit said that you are one of the most beautiful girls, I became jealous. But I didn't know that you were indeed very beautiful. Bhaii will go crazy. He always wished you looked more like a girl than a tomboy. Bhaii is lucky to have you in his life, and you are lucky to have one of the most handsome men in the world."

I responded, "Tanu, firstly, I am not in his life anymore, and I don't have any intention either. What if Tina comes back? I am not interested. Just forget this topic."

She acquiesced, "Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hii.. frnds.. I hope you liked the chapter.. Please do vote, like and comment..

Please share your views..

Bye.. Tc