Chapter: 52

After a week

Anjali's POV:

Tanu queried, "Is there something going on between you and Rahul bhai?"

While engrossed in my laptop, I replied, "No."

She persisted, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I affirmed.

Her expression turned somber.

Wishing they could be together, she commented, "I wished that you both could have been together."

"We are together," I clarified.

Excitedly, she inquired, "Really? I mean, are you both dating?"

Smiling, I responded, "No, we are still friends, just like in college."

"Why? Why can't you both date each other? You both are so perfect with each other," Tanu lamented.

I smiled and walked away with my laptop.

She pressed further, "At least say something."

Waving her goodbye, I left.

It was night; I drove to the beach near my home. Walking barefoot on the sand, I eventually found a bench to rest. Recalling the past week, Rohit and Tanu had a joyous wedding, living a happy life. Rahul and I were together, yet exploring each other's worlds. When Tanu asked if we were dating, we weren't. We enjoyed each other's company comfortably. Rahul loves me, but do I love him? I lacked an answer. Nevertheless, I kissed him. Was it not love? Was I doing something wrong?

Someone gently held my hand, and a soothing voice said, "You are doing nothing wrong, dear."

Turning to my side, I found Rahul.

I hugged him tightly, whispering, "I am sorry."

Rahul assured, "I didn't want to hear sorry from you."

Snuggling into his neck, he cradled my face, saying, "Hey dear, I know you need time. I am ready to wait."

He smiled, and I nodded in agreement.

"What if I find love in someone else?" I asked hesitantly.

"It will break my heart, but I am taking the risk, believing that you will come to me one day. I will wait as long as I am alive," he replied.

"And if I don't come back to you?" I questioned.

"It will be my death," he solemnly stated.

Surprised, I said, "What? Are you mad? How can you think of dying?"

He queried, "What did you feel when you heard that Tina and I were together? I mean, I was thinking of accepting her proposal."

"It was a death-like situation," I confessed.

"True. Same here. I am not going to die. I will live my life for my family and always pray for your happiness. After all, I love you," he admitted.

"Okay," I acquiesced, resting my head on his shoulder. Holding hands, we spent time gazing at the sea.

"How did you come to know what I was thinking?" I wondered.

"I don't know, but I think I can feel what you think. I feel 'Kuch toh hai tumse raabta...' (I feel some connection towards you)," he smiled.

Smiling back, we enjoyed the moment.

The next day...

Rohit's POV:

Tanu seemed upset.

Hugging her from behind, I inquired, "Hey sweetheart, what is making you upset?"

Turning to me, she replied, "Rahul bhai and Anjali."

I raised an eyebrow, asking, "And what did they do?"

She explained, "They are together from the day we went to Goa. They spend time with each other. Anju told me they are not dating, but I saw Bhai kissing her cheek in Goa, and when I asked her about them dating, she denied it. I am worried about what they are up to."

Rolling my eyes, I advised, "First of all, stop interfering in their life. You know what happened last time you interfered; it became complicated. They are adults, mature enough to understand what they are doing. Maybe they are taking it slow, or perhaps they need time."

Worried, Tanu said, "I hope so, but I am worried."

"Don't worry; we all are there this time," I reassured.

"I am worried for both of them, and I don't want them to get separated again," Tanu confessed.

"Even we all want the same," I agreed.

"Yeah, I will not interfere," she promised.

"Good girl. Now, come, give me a kiss. I have to go to the office; otherwise, your brother will kill me for being late," I teased.

She pushed me and started running, blushing. I caught her, and we shared a moment. I pulled her into my arms, lowering my head for a kiss. She hugged me, closing her eyes, whispering, "Rohit, stop, someone will come."

Her moans drove me crazy, encouraging me to kiss my beloved wife more passionately. I whispered, "Shshshshhh..."

Kissing her sweet lips and trailing down to her neck, I heard someone knocking on the door.

Anjali on the other side of the door said, "Bhai, take me to the office. I have some important work with Raj."

I murmured, "I will kill this girl first who broke my moment with my beloved wife."

Tanu laughed and pushed me to go, fixing her top.

I complained, "I will miss this moment," and made a sad face.

She said, "Come early," kissing me on my cheek.

I replied, "Yeah, will go out. Bye, love you," kissing her back.

She responded, "Love you too."

Waiving her goodbye, I headed to the office with Anjali.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hii.. frnds.. Hope you liked this chapter..

Do vote, share abd comment..

Bye.. Tc..