Chapter: 29

Rahul's POV

The lady in-charge of the orphanage came and said, "The guest room is ready. You can stay here tonight."

I expressed my gratitude, "Thanks for the gesture and help."

She smiled.

We walked to the guest room, which was on the ground floor. She led the way while I followed with Disha. The other children had already gone to sleep, and Disha was the cutest among them all. As we neared one of the rooms, Disha shouted with excitement, "Bhai, this is Di's room!"

I asked, "Really?"

Disha shared enthusiastically, "You know, her room has many paintings, toys, and games."

I remarked, "Oh, so you want it?"

Disha clarified, "No, when she comes, she gives us all to play. Aunty says that there are some childhood memories of her, which are precious. So let it be like that."

She referred to the lady in-charge as Aunty.

I said, "Oh!"

When I was in front of that girl's bedroom, I felt my heart beating again at an unknown speed. I ignored the feeling and moved to the guest room, which happened to be adjacent to that girl's bedroom. Another lady from the orphanage came and took Disha to sleep. She wished me good night and kissed me.

Afterward, I inquired the lady in-charge, "Mam, who is Di?"

She introduced herself as Maria and replied, "You can call me Maria. Di is the owner of this orphanage."

Curious, I asked, "What is her name?"

Maria hesitated, "Sorry, we can't reveal it."

I inquired further, "But?"

Maria explained, "Sorry, sir. For security reasons, we have been denied revealing the information about the owner. But I can say that the girl is a sweetheart who takes care of these girls. She loves them the most and takes care of everyone's needs. Without her, this Snehalaya is nothing."

I said, "That's nice. Even I want to do something for these girls. But you need to keep my identity hidden as well."

Maria agreed, "Sure, that will be done."

I added, "Even your owner should not know about me, okay?"

Maria hesitated, but I insisted, "Let it be for my safety. I shall ask the hotel's security person to bring my bag, and then I may leave tomorrow after spending time with the kids."

Maria said, "Certainly."

She left, wishing me good night. I closed the door and lay on the bed.

Why do I feel something weird here? My heart is beating again for an unknown girl. First, the bracelet, and now this girl. But I never felt this way for Anjali. I don't know what is happening to me. Do I know her? Who is she?

I closed my eyes, and Anjali's face appeared. She was the same, with big glasses and a funny smile. I loved her madly.

No way, I can't get distracted. I love Anjali, and I can do anything for her. No matter who comes into my life, I will always love Anjali. This is my final decision. My heart beats only for Anjali. It cannot confuse me.

I sat for some time, thinking about it. I decided to do something.

I called Rohit to know the details of the trip.

I said, "Hi, Rohit."

Rohit replied, "Yeah, dude."

I asked, "Are you ready for the trip?"

He said, "Yeah. Tomorrow, we will be leaving in the evening. Anyways, I was about to call you."

I asked with curiosity, "Why? What happened?"

He asked, "What did you do to Anjali?"

I asked, "What happened? What... What happened to Anjali?"

I was afraid, thinking something had happened to Anjali.

He said, "You misbehaved with her. She is upset. You fucking asshole. What did you do to her? You crazy man. I can't believe you. Damn it. She is crying badly."

I was confused, wondering what I did.

What did I do? Why is she upset? Is it that she doesn't like me? Or did she mention that kiss? No, she can't make it public. She is a nice girl.

I came out of my thoughts and said, "Hey dude, there is nothing like that. Okay. I think something is wrong, some misunderstandings. Let me come back; I will sort it out."

Rohit said, "What the hell are you going to come and do? Loss is loss."

I heard someone giggling. I doubted it was a joke.

I said, "Dude, stop it. Don't give me a heart attack. I know you are joking."

He said, "What joke? Do you think it is a joke? You are creating a mess of my sister's life, and you are saying that I am joking."

I thought he was very angry and was not joking.

I said, "Okay, fine. Let me come there; I will sort it out."

Rohit said, "Better do that soon."

He disconnected the call. I was afraid of what was going to happen. I even thought he was joking, and as far as I knew him, he would not have reacted that way. Still, I had to find out.

So, I called Arjun, one of our trusted staffs.

I said, "Hey, Arjun."

Arjun said, "Yeah, sir."

I asked, "How are you doing?"

Arjun said, "I am fine, Sir."

I said, "Don't call me Sir. I am younger than you. You can call me Rahul."

He said, "Okay, Sir. Sorry, Rahul."

I didn't bother and said, "Okay. Could you please collect the file of that client from Mahabaleshwar?"

He said, "Okay. I will leave by tomorrow morning."

I said, "No, you will leave now. I have a trip, so you need to leave now so that I can go by tomorrow evening. First, go and collect a cheque from my dad. It's really important. Then, you come here. You have to reach here before noon. Please do it immediately."

He said, "Okay. I will leave within an hour."

I said, "Okay. Fine."

I informed Dad to make a cheque in favor of Snehalaya for donation purposes and hand it to Arjun so that I can go directly for my trip.

I slept thinking about what Rohit had said. It was weird, but I hoped that it was just a joke and not the truth.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hii.. frnds.. Hope you liked this chapter..

I am happy my book has crossed 1400 reads.. Thank you so much guys..

Love you all.. Continue sharing, voting and commenting..

Bye.. Tc..

Will be back with the new update soon..