Chapter: 20

Rahul's Perspective:

The college lectures seemed interminably dull that day. Rohit, sitting beside me, whispered his disdain, "This lecture is so boring. I can't understand a single word. Why did Balli appoint this drumstick?"

Manmeet, a member of our group, chuckled, "Oh, Paaji, this drumstick is a recent addition. Our economics professor resigned."

Rohit inquired, "Why? He joined just a month ago."

Manmeet revealed, "Rumor has it he had a relationship with one of our lady professors. Balli asked him to resign. Also, he had a persistent issue of food poisoning—always dealing with loose motions."

Rohit burst into laughter, "Hahaha! Food poisoning and loose motions? How did you find out about that?"

Manmeet casually replied, "I've sneaked into the professor's washroom a few times. That's how I got to know. It's really smelly in there."

As the bell rang, and the professor left, students started leaving the classroom. Our group, however, chose to linger. Rohit erupted in laughter, and others joined in. I pretended to enjoy the conversation, but truthfully, I was bored. Perhaps, my disinterest stemmed from elsewhere.

Rohit remarked, "What about that lady professor?"

Manmeet chuckled, "She got suspended."

Rohit inquired, "How did you know that?"

Manmeet, with a sly wink, replied, "Just a guess, dude."

David interjected, "Hey, Meet Paaji, that's not the exact reason. The professor's performance was subpar compared to others. That's why our principal showed him the door."

Manmeet giggled, "Oh! If that's the case, he should have shown the door to half the staff here."

Our group enjoyed the banter between Manmeet and David. I, on the other hand, felt irritated and decided to step out of the classroom.

Anju's Perspective:

As the lectures concluded, I joined Tanu for a casual chat. The classroom emptied, leaving us in peace.

Feeling hesitant, I approached the sensitive topic I had previously discussed with Rohit. "Tanu, can I ask you something? But don't tell Rohit about it."

"Sure, go ahead," Tanu assured.

"If a girl and a boy kiss each other, does that mean they are in love?" I questioned.

"Maybe or maybe not," Tanu replied.

"But if they are in love, a kiss could happen. However, if not, does that mean it is lust?" I continued my inquiry.

"Maybe or maybe not," Tanu reiterated.

I was growing more confused. "Please clear this. I am really confused."

Tanu chuckled, "Anju, in what world are you living? I think there are many things you don't know. Your tomboyish attitude hasn't allowed you to learn anything."

Perplexed, I asked, "What don't I know?"

Tanu explained, "Love doesn't necessitate physical expression. Whatever happens in true love is natural; it could be physical or not. It depends. People can also get physical due to mere attraction, but it doesn't mean it's love. However, it also doesn't mean it couldn't be love."

Understanding my confusion, Tanu added, "Attraction could be either the initial step of love or pure lust. It also depends on the nature of that person."

"Okay, I understand. But what if they've made a mistake?" I inquired.

Tanu responded, "I think they will apologize or keep it to themselves and not repeat the same mistake. I hope you've understood everything. Now, let's go; our group must be waiting."

I nodded in agreement. Thoughts swirled in my mind—does Rahul love me or lust after me? It can't be lust; he's a nice guy. Maybe we both made a mistake. Anju, you idiot, even you reciprocated. You should apologize. Why didn't I think of that? Oops!

Our group was sitting near the football ground, enjoying their time. However, Rahul sat alone, seemingly isolated. I thought, perhaps he was lost in thought about me, his head bowed, staring at the ground.

I greeted everyone, and then, I approached Rahul directly. Clearing my throat to get his attention, he looked up at me.

"Rahul, I am sorry for what happened yesterday. I am really very sorry. I don't know what happened to me," he apologized.

I reassured him, "It's okay. It happens."

What did I just say? I was about to apologize to him.

Rahul continued, "Actually, I don't know what happened to me, and I don't know why I did that. Huhhhhh!"

He seemed upset, and I felt the need to calm him.

"Rahul, if you don't mind, can we have a talk? We will take a round of this college, and I hope by the time we make a round, your mood will be alright," I suggested.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

I chuckled, "I guess."

He smiled, and we went for a walk.

"So, let me introduce myself. I am Anjali Rathod, a new joiner studying MBA in the 1st year. Now, your turn," I initiated.

"I am Rahul Malhotra, studying MBA in the 3rd year," he introduced himself.

"That's cool. So, tell me about your family, hobbies, etc.," I prompted.

"Ladies first," Rahul insisted.

"Okay. My hobbies are painting, and I love basketball. I also learn Karate for self-defense. I like helping people. My family consists of Mom, Dad, Bade Papa, Badi Mom, and my cousin Rohit," I shared.

"Okay. I too love basketball. I have an interest in current affairs, and I want to be capable of handling my family business. My family consists of Mom, Dad, my sister Tanu, my big brother Raj, and bhabhi Priya," Rahul explained.

At the mention of his brother and sister-in-law, Rahul's mood visibly soured.

"What happened?" I inquired.

"Raj bhai and Priya bhabhi died in an accident," Rahul revealed, his eyes welling up with tears.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hii frnds..

I know this is little emotional.. But anyone could be.. Coz when our family bids adieu to this world.. it is something heart clenching feeling.. that cannot be described....

And ya that introduction part.. Do you think it was necessary..?

Please do suggest with your valuable comments..

Please vote and share..

Bye.. take care.. Will be back soon with the new chapter..