Chapter: 39

Anju's POV

I eagerly said, "Yes, Mizu. Tell me the details of the case. I want to know the truth." My eagerness to know the case details was palpable.

Mizu reassured me, "Relax, dear. I will explain. This was really tough, but my sting operation worked. I have some news related to the case as well as some other news related to your personal lives."

Rohit inquired, "What does that mean?"

Mizu explained, "First, let me discuss our case. See, I had planned a sting operation at Miraj's house."

I asked, "What information have you received? Where is the recording?"

Mizu regretfully stated, "I am sorry, Anjali. The recording is with Dad, and he must have sent it to the forensic lab for testing purposes. The court will ask about the authenticity."

I questioned, "But do you have an extra copy of it?"

Mizu assured, "Yes, I have kept it safely. But I can't disclose it until the case gets finalized."

I said, "Okay. So continue."

Mizu elaborated, "Okay, I will explain in short. Raichand and his son, Miraj, were discussing some contract of a company. For that purpose, they had planned to kill a person. I don't know who it is, but whatever they did was to bag a deal. So they planned for some accident, and while passing by that road, Miraj and his henchmen must have seen you. You know how much of a lusty bastard he is; that's why he harassed you. Your car was hit by him because he was actually killing his competitor. Unfortunately, you and your friends were inside the same car, and the rest you know. I also have news about Rahul."

I said, "Thanks, Mizu. I don't want to listen about Rahul. I don't want to know anything about him. I just wanted to know about the case, and I am happy that finally, he will be punished. I hope my friends and I get justice soon. Only I know how much trauma I have been through in the past year."

Mizu said, "Okay, as you wish. The case will start within two weeks. I hope by then your exams get over. Miraj and his dad will get arrested, and the procedures will kickstart."

I said, "Okay." Suddenly, my eyes filled up with tears. I was crying. My dad and Rohit comforted me. I felt weak yet happy that I would get justice, and that bastard would be punished. After a wait of one long year, my struggle would end.

After two weeks, Miraj and his dad got arrested. They were brought to court. I was in court to record my statement, with my identity kept hidden for safety. The judge recorded my statement, and the case continued for another month. Many evidences and witnesses were brought to court. The judge found him guilty, and he was imprisoned for a lifetime. Many of his frauds and crimes were highlighted at that point in time. He was booked under many sections, and many cases were registered against him in court. His cases were discussed in the media for a long time.

After all this, I went to Snehalaya to enjoy with the kids and celebrate our birthdays with them. Rohit accompanied me, and I was so happy. The burden had vanished from my life.

Rohit said, "Hi, kids. I am your Di's brother, Rohit."

Disha said, "We are fine. How are you, bhaiyya?"

Rohit said, "I am fine." Disha presented him with a cute flower.

Rohit said, "Thanks. Where did you get these flowers?"

Disha said, "From our garden."

Rohit said, "Nice."

I asked, "Where are the other kids?"

Leela, the lady in charge of the orphanage, said, "Madam, everyone is in school right now. They will come back after some time."

I said, "Okay. And what about Disha?"

Disha said, "I am not going to school."

I asked, "Why?"

Disha said, "Because you are here. Yippiee! We will enjoy. And I also wanted to tell you about one bhaiyya. He was here two weeks ago."

I asked, "Who?"

Disha said, "I don't know his name. He gave us many gifts. He said he will come here when he is free. He likes us."

Disha praised the guy, and I felt good that people do think about these children. Even if I am not there, someone is there to look after them.

Rohit played with the girls, and I helped Leela with cooking and other tasks.

I asked, "Who is the guy?"

Leela said, "I don't know, Madam. I had asked him, but he refused to reveal his name. He asked about you as well, but as you had instructed us, we did not reveal about you."

I said, "No problem. Anyway, we will be leaving after two days."

Leela said, "That's nice. The children will enjoy a lot."

I said, "Yeah!"

That night, we enjoyed a lot. The next day, we celebrated our birthdays with lots of entertainment. Rohit enjoyed to the fullest and thanked me for this trip.

After two days, we left for Pune to start our new lives. Rohit was given a post in the Pune branch of our company. As he was fresh with the business, he assisted the Manager of the Pune branch. I took admission in a nearby college for my further studies.

We started staying in a rented 2 BHK flat. Our lives had changed, and we were happy to be starting fresh. The only missing parts in our lives were Tanu and Rahul. They were our loves. Rohit never discussed about Tanu; he knew that he would feel weak thinking about her or even if he discussed it, he would cry. So, we always avoided discussing about them. Our life was great, but we still missed our friends a lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hii.. Frnds.. Hope you liked the chapter..

Do share, comment and vote..

Bye..