Chapter: 45

On the engagement day...

Rahul's POV

I entered Tanu's room, where Bhabhi was in the midst of preparing her for the engagement.

I quipped, "So, is everyone ready for the drama?"

Bhabhi, puzzled, asked, "What drama?"

I dismissed it with a laugh, "Nothing, bhabhi, just kidding," shooting a disapproving look at Tanu.

Bhabhi instructed, "Okay, you both come down; we need to reach there in an hour."

"Sure," I replied, and she left the room.

Tanu confronted me, "Why are you being a jerk?"

"Whoa! Me, a jerk? Have you lost it? You are going with the guy who slapped you in college," I retorted.

Tanu coolly responded, "Yeah, so?"

I questioned her decision, "Aren't you angry with him? Won't he seek revenge? I know him well; he was my best buddy."

Tanu explained, "Yes, it's true. He cared for me; that's why he slapped me to steer me in the right direction."

I scoffed, "What nonsense? That moron will make your life hell, I'm sure."

Tanu defended him, "Bhaii, you're wrong. He will take care of me and love me just like you might have done for Anjali."

I snapped, "Don't discuss about her. I don't want to hear anything about her."

Mom called us to come down, diverting our conversation.

"I hope I don't see her there," I muttered.

Tanu remarked, "And I hope you see her and fall in love with her again."

Rolling my eyes, I followed her. We drove to the Rathods' Mansion.

Rathod's Mansion

Anju's POV

Feeling nervous, I confided in Mannat, "Mannat, I am very nervous. I don't want to meet him."

Mannat reassured me, "Why worry, dear? You've done nothing wrong. He will only love you; he won't harm you."

"Okay, I hope the function goes well," I replied.

Mannat encouraged me, "It will. You've done an awesome job with the decorations."

"Thanks. Where is Mizu?" I inquired.

"He had a sting operation, so he might be late or could reach anytime," Mannat informed.

"Okay, let me check if anything is required near the door," I said.

Rahul's POV

We arrived at the destination, an exquisitely decorated bungalow that left a positive impression.

As we entered, Rohit's family welcomed us, and we proceeded inside. Elders engaged in discussions about rituals and various topics, but I couldn't spot Rohit or Anjali, much to my relief.

Suddenly, someone slipped behind me, and I instinctively placed my hand around her waist. My eyes widened as I found myself entranced by the girl's beauty. With shiny black eyes and a green lehenga, she resembled Anjali. We locked eyes, and I felt a rush of emotions. Time seemed to stand still as I yearned to hug her and make her mine. However, before I could comprehend the situation, someone called, "Anjali, are you okay? I told you to stop checking the decorations. Everyone is already impressed."

I was jolted back to reality, realizing the beautiful girl was Anjali. Shocked, she stared at me with no expression. A lady came and took her away, and she didn't exchange a word with me. My heart clenched, and I found myself dumbfounded, tracking her every move.

Anju's POV

Unable to believe that Rahul had once again saved me from falling, I couldn't ignore his shocked expression upon seeing me in a girl's attire. He looked at me without noticing anything else, and I felt a blush rise on my cheeks. It felt like we were alone, the only two people in the room, and I had the urge to run towards him for a tight hug.

Rahul's POV

She's killing me. I want her, to make her mine, to marry her. She looked amazing, and I wished to hug her and take her to my world. My thoughts were interrupted by Mannat, who observed, "Oh my god, the lover boy is glaring at his lover girl."

Frustrated, I denied, "What the hell? I am not a lover boy, and who's the lover girl?"

"As if you don't know. She is none other than Anjali. Tell me, how does she look?" Mannat teased.

I retorted, "I don't care how she looks; I don't give a damn."

Mannat remarked, "That is rude. Why are you behaving like this?"

Feigning indifference, I replied, "As if you don't know. I am not interested in this drama."

Truthfully, I found myself drawn to Anjali more than before, but I couldn't let go of my self-respect or ego. The girl who betrayed me for someone else still hurt me.

Mannat said, "Fine, live a sucking life."

I shrugged, "Cool."

Seeing Anjali running towards the door, I followed her. She stood near a pole, looking outside. It seemed like she was crying, but why? Did she hear us? No way, there was too much noise. Did she feel bad about my attitude?

Then I noticed her hugging someone—the same hoodie guy.

Damn it, this angered me. Why was I concerned about her feelings? She was still with that man, and her family had accepted him. Why was I here? She seemed happy with him, and I shouldn't have come. It hurt me deeply. Why, Anjali? Why are you doing this to me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hii frnds.. I hope you liked the chapter..

Do comment, vote and share..

Bye.. Tc..