Chapter: 53

After a few days...

Rohit's POV:

Rahul inquired, "You looked worried. What's up, dude?"

I replied, "Nothing."

He asked, "Nervous?"

I scratched my head with irritation and replied, "For what?"

Rahul suggested, "For the presentation. What else could it be?"

I spoke irritably, "Rahul, please don't irritate me. Have I ever been nervous for a silly presentation?"

He asked, "Okay. Then what is the matter?"

Anjali entered the cabin.

I glared at her and asked, "What are you both doing? Are you both dating? Or are you in love with each other?"

Anjali was stunned by the question, and Rahul looked pissed off.

I inquired, "What's the matter, guys?"

Rahul said, looking at Anjali, "I think you should ask this question to Anjali. I hope she will give you a better answer."

Anjali looked sad, and Rahul turned to me.

"I have to go for a meeting. Talk to you later," he said.

Anjali said, "Let's go for the meeting. Today Raj's clients are going to come, and they are important people."

I asked her again, "What is going on, Anjali? You know you can talk to me."

She replied, "Nothing, bhai. I just want some time to accept the relation. I know he is pissed off, but still, I need time."

I asked, "But why? You know him very well."

She replied, "I don't know. My heart knows that he is the best person I can ever have, but still, it wants time to settle with the fact that he will always be mine."

I replied, "It is your wish. He will be yours. Decide soon."

She replied, "Okay." She hugged me.

Rahul's POV:

I asked, "Bhai, who is coming for the meeting?"

Raj bhai replied, "He is my old buddy from Australia. His name is David. He is interested in working with us for a gaming software. I thought of doing this."

I said, "But we have never invested in this type of business."

He said, "I know. That is why I have asked Rohit to support me. You will be working with Rohit. Meanwhile, I can concentrate on the construction business."

I said, "Okay."

Bhai said, "And yes, he is coming with his friend cum business partner. I don't remember her name."

I said, "It is okay. We shall meet them. You bring them here. Meanwhile, I shall make someone arrange the conference room."

Bhai replied, "That is better."

I went to my cabin to go through some files. Someone wrapped their arms around my body from behind. I turned to find Anjali looking upset.

I asked, "What happened?"

She replied, "I don't know. I am feeling nervous."

I said, "Oh, I thought you were upset with Rohit's questions. It is okay; the meeting will go well."

She said, "I hope so. I am feeling weird."

I hugged her and said, "Don't worry, I am there with you always. I love you."

I kissed her on her forehead.

I said, "Let's go for the meeting."

She nodded with a yes.

Rohit, Anjali, and I, along with some official people, sat in the conference room waiting for David.

After some time, Raj entered the room. Then came a white guy. He was David. Behind him came a girl with a familiar face whom we knew for a long time.

Rohit's face turned red. I could understand that he was angry. Anjali looked calm, but her eyes looked sad. I knew she was worried for me. She didn't want to lose me again.

David greeted everyone, and the girl shook hands with me, saying, "Hi, Rahul. How are you?"

I replied, "I am fine, Tina. How are you? Hope you are fine. You vanished after college was over."

She replied, "Yeah, dad was not well, and he was in the States at that point in time."

I said, "Okay, let us talk some business now."

Rohit prepared for the presentation, and Tina purposely sat beside me to make Anjali jealous.

I could feel the pain in her eyes, but it was an official meeting where I could not do anything.

Tina started messaging me during the meeting.

"Hey, sweetheart. I missed you so much. You look more dashing now. I feel like kissing you in front of everyone. You are making me crazy. I love you so much, Rahul."

I didn't reply a word. Meanwhile, Anjali read the messages, and she took my phone and typed something.

When Tina read the message, she looked pissed off.

I read what Anjali typed.

"You bitch. I think your sexual hormones are increasing again after a long time. You need to consult a doctor. Dare if you message him again, I will help you with satisfying your needs by an iron rod. Hope you understand. Sweetheart, never message him again."

I smiled, controlling my laughter. I gripped Anjali's hands, and I saw her smile. It gave me relief with freshness.

After the meeting, I called Mirza.

I said, "I want your help."

He replied, "What happened?"

I said, "Tina is back. I doubt she is back to gain something."

He replied, "The only thing she aspired was you, so you are her target, and she will hurt Anjali emotionally."

I said, "I know. You need to check on her."

At home, I retrieved Ms. Bracelet after a long hiatus.

"Hey, after a long time... How are you? Hope you're fine. My life is again upside down, but I'm happy that this time Anjali is with me by my side. I don't know what is going to happen again. Anjali looked worried. Tina is back in our lives as a business partner, and you know bhai cannot avoid his best friend David. I don't know what to do. Please pray for us. I don't want to go away from Anjali this time."

I closed my eyes, reminiscing about all the moments with Anjali, and whispered,

"I love you, Anjali... I love you so much."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey frnds.. I hope you liked this chapter..

Do share, vote and comment.

Bye.. Tc..