Chapter:13

Anju's Perspective

"Tanu, we made it! Finally, we won!" Our elation and jubilation had transcended all bounds. We were jumping around like exuberant maniacs.

Tanu exclaimed, "Yeah, Anju, it's all because of you. You helped them win."

"It's not just because of me, Tanu. I merely offered a suggestion that worked out. But it's the teamwork that secured our victory," I replied with a gleaming smile.

She nodded in agreement, and we embraced each other in sheer delight.

Rohit joined in, enveloping me in a tight hug. "Hey, guys, I'm so thrilled. We emerged victorious against Miraj. Unbelievable!"

"Yeah, bhaii, let me get a band-aid. There's a scratch near your elbow," I said.

"Thanks. We need to leave now." Suddenly, Rohit's expression shifted, a trace of worry etched on his face.

"But where?" I inquired, curiosity piqued.

"Home," Rohit announced, hastily packing his belongings.

"But..." My words were cut off by Rohit.

"There's something peculiar going on. The loss didn't sit well with Miraj. He's planning something ominous. It's better we leave now. We need to reach home as soon as possible," he whispered.

"But why should we be afraid? And what about the announcement of the winner?" I pressed for answers.

"That will happen tomorrow. Balli will make the announcement, and he's not here," Rohit explained.

"Rohit is right. We need to hurry. That monster is very dangerous," Tanu affirmed, backing Rohit's concern.

We hastened towards the parking area.

"Where is bhaii?" Tanu asked, a tinge of worry in her voice.

"Rahul is with the other teammates. He'll go to the hospital with the coach as some of them are injured. He'll join us later. He asked me to drop you home," Rohit informed.

"Okay," Tanu acknowledged.

We reached the parking area.

Rohit ignited the car and steered towards Rahul's place.

"Rohit, is everything alright? Will they do something?" Tanu inquired, her tone laced with concern.

I reassured Tanu, "Don't worry. Everything will be fine."

Rohit chimed in, "Dear, take care when Rahul reaches home and inform me, okay?"

Tanu affirmed, "Yes."

We arrived at Rahul's place and dropped Tanu. Rohit escorted her to the door for her safety, while I waited in the car.

"Malhotras," the name echoed at the gate. Their residence, grand and beautiful, came into view, the garden illuminated by the bungalow's lights.

The Malhotras were undeniably affluent. The house, not just large but exquisitely decorated, spoke of opulence. I found myself strangely drawn to the place, a desire to stay lingering within me. What was I thinking? This place is indeed captivating, even in the darkness.

Rohit returned, resuming the drive, this time heading towards our home.

"Bhaii, your love's home is impressive," I remarked, leaning against the car door.

He smiled in acknowledgment.

"Thanks," Rohit replied.

"Bhaii, that's enough for today. Let's go home. I'm famished. I'll grab a quick meal and hit the sack early. I have morning lectures tomorrow," I suggested.