Chapter: 42

Malhotra Branch Office in Pune

Rahul's POV

I entered the building; Dad had inaugurated this branch eight years ago. Over this period, it has flourished into new heights, a testament to the hard work of my family. We are together now.

Stepping into the elevator, the watchman saluted me, clicking the 2nd-floor button. Arriving at my cabin, I took a moment. My black coffee awaited on my table. Sipping it, I stood by the window, watching the bustling roads below. Life was a journey, each person with their unique goals, all struggling towards them. My goal was to elevate our family business, a pursuit that has proven successful.

My phone rang; it was Mannat, an old friend. Answering the call, I asked, "Hi, how are you?"

"I am fine, you dumbo. Can you open the door? Why have you locked it?" She replied.

"What? You are here? And have I locked it?" I said in confusion.

"Open the door, Rahul. I am waiting outside your cabin. I want to talk to you," She replied.

"Okay," I said.

Unlocking and opening the door, I was elated to see her after two years. The last time was when she invited me to her marriage with Mirza.

I hugged her.

Mannat said, "You dumbo, why didn't you come to my marriage?"

"I am sorry, I was a bit busy with office work," I replied.

"Were you busy with office work, or you didn't want to face Rohit and Anjali?" She retorted.

I felt numb hearing Anjali's name after many years. I still remembered the tears on her face that she tried to hide. But it was her mistake; she cheated on me. I felt like a loser and an unwanted piece. To cope, I immersed myself in work. I missed my buddy, but he insulted my sister. The two gems of my life; I had to pluck them out of my life.

Mannat continued, "Hello, where are you? In thoughts?"

I said, "Nope, nothing. I am sorry that I couldn't come."

"But Anjali..." I stopped her.

"I don't want to listen about her, Mannat. Please, I have had enough," I said.

Mannat said, "Fine, I just wanted to inform you that Rohit and Tanu want to get married to each other. Tanu was afraid of telling this to you, so she told me to inform you."

I was stunned. "What? She wants to get married to Rohit? Years ago, she fought with him, he insulted her, many problems happened, and now she is again going back with him. What a sister I have!"

Mannat said, "Rahul, you are so mean and selfish. It is her life; she can do whatever she wants. By the way, she started dating him again during my marriage. They solved their differences."

I said, "Without informing me?"

Mannat said, "You know what? You don't know the truth. The day you come to know the truth, you will lose all your ego and selfishness. You will cry for what happened years back. I bet you."

I said, "Whatever!"

Mannat said, "You're ridiculous, Rahul. Bye."

I chuckled, "Bye!"

My sister is getting married to my enemy. Whoa! That is too much to handle. My friends left me, and now my family is leaving me. Get lost, everyone. I slammed the wall.

I sat on my chair; I thought of working. But I was not able to. The past was haunting me.

After a few hours...

"Hi, young man," a male voice from outside my cabin. He was trying to open the door.

I took a glance. It was my brother Raj and bhabhi Priya. I rushed towards the door and made bhabhi sit on the couch.

My brother and bhabhi were back. We all thought that we had lost both of them, but they were back after one year, thanks to some good people who helped them reclaim their lives.

I asked them, "How was the meeting with the consultant?"

Bhai said, "It was awesome."

I asked with confusion, "Awesome?"

Bhabhi smiled; they looked happy.

Bhai said, "The consultant was none other than the girl who saved our lives."

I asked with surprise, "Really?"

Bhai said, "Yeah! Anyways, she will be coming tomorrow to discuss that property. I shall introduce her to you."

I said, "That is good. But sorry bhai, I have some important meetings with the clients. I will meet her later."

Bhai said, "As you wish."

I said, "By the way, did you get any information that Tanu is getting married to Rohit?"

Bhai said, "I know that. I had only discussed it with ours and Rohit's parents about the same. They will be getting engaged next week."

I said, "What? Why didn't you inform me?"

Bhai said, "Because you are too busy with your office. You didn't care about Tanu's feelings when she tried talking to you. And you don't want to know anything except any office work. So it is better you stay out of it."

I said, "I don't think Rohit is better for her. Anyway, if everyone has decided, I am no one to interfere. Do as you all wish. Guys, I have an important meeting. Bye."

I took the file from my desk and headed towards the conference hall for the meeting.

It is such a disgusting phase now. Rohit is getting married to Tanu. I will have to meet Anjali and her boyfriend again. That is so ridiculous. Why can't everyone leave me alone? If I had any option to opt out of attending this engagement, I would have definitely done it. But I have to attend this because she is my sister.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hii frnds. I hope you liked the chapter.. 

Do vote, comment and share..

I know some of you must be thinking when the climax will be written.. I would like to assure that it may happen any time soon.. Just wait and read..

Bye.. tc